Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need soome help on possible boat trade

JDubya

Came accross a guy on craigslist selling his 2000 Sunsetter VLX and is open to trades. Assuming this passes the sniff test I am scratching my head on where to start the bidding. He asked me throw out some numbers but I am not sure where to start. He has a lien on it and is needing to free up some cash and downgrade or flat out sell.

Mine:

1993 Echelon (closed bow),I just bough a new custom aluminum trailer last spring. (check my avatar for photos)

2000 Sunsetter VLX

http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/1613642922.html

Very early in the game but wanted to toss this one to the masses and see what I get. And go.....

I think you need to see if he is interested in your boat first. They are both nice, but with all the ballast he's invested and your lack of wedge and open bow, seems like maybe two different animals.

Conditions/hours being equal, I think around $5-7k might be reasonable, taking into consideration your new trailer.

Closed bow Echelons seem to be going $9-12k, 2000 Sunsetters $15-20k. Just going by what I saw last fall when we bought our boat.

Start at $4000 and see if you get hung up on.

I would not classify myself as a hardcore skiier. I free ski fairly aggressively but it's not like I am out running the course. I skiing less these days since we got the tower, but I always get my 5 or so runs in a trip. I have skiied behind a 21 and 23 lsv....it's definately a sacrafice but it's a price I am willing to pay to have the room and added features of a newer vdrive.

I think you need to see if he is interested in your boat first. They are both nice, but with all the ballast he's invested and your lack of wedge and open bow, seems like maybe two different animals.

Conditions/hours being equal, I think around $5-7k might be reasonable, taking into consideration your new trailer.

Closed bow Echelons seem to be going $9-12k, 2000 Sunsetters $15-20k. Just going by what I saw last fall when we bought our boat.

Start at $4000 and see if you get hung up on.

You hit right in the neighborhood I was thinking.

Look at the situation in reverse, would you trade your open bow v-drive VLX for a 93 Echelon...probably not for $4k. I'd do average NADA values for both (boat only) and see what that delta is.

-Chris