Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'08 vRide and '07 VLX same hull?

in2bu

Hey guys, I'm looking to get out of a runabout and into a BU. I've been trying to do some homework and can't seem to find the answer to this question. Is the hull on the '08 vRide 21 the same as the hull on the '07 VLX? I have found a brand new '08 vRide in my area that is a few grand less than a used '07 VLX. Trying to make an informed decision. Thanks in advance for your responses and I apologize if this info is posted here already. I got tired of looking at pages and pages of search results. Dontknow.gif

Hey guys, I'm looking to get out of a runabout and into a BU. I've been trying to do some homework and can't seem to find the answer to this question. Is the hull on the '08 vRide 21 the same as the hull on the '07 VLX? I have found a brand new '08 vRide in my area that is a few grand less than a used '07 VLX. Trying to make an informed decision. Thanks in advance for your responses and I apologize if this info is posted here already. I got tired of looking at pages and pages of search results. Dontknow.gif

NO. The 2009 V ride has the same hull as the 2007 VLX.

The 2008 vride is the old VLX hull year 2003.

Go for a good vlx or a 2009 or newer vride

What Luciano said, the '08 V-Ride is the older, pre-05 VLX hull. Still a great hull and often overlooked. The biggest difference is the bling and the '07 VLX is wider/more room than the V-Ride. I'd go with the used VLX for room and probably more options (powerwedge, bow ballast, etc), but you really can't go wrong with either.

Not knowing any other variables, like hours or conditions of the boats. I would say spending a few grand up front now will get you a few grand more in resale value down the road. I would guess in 5 years that a 07 VLX will be more than a few grand higher in resale value than a 08 vRide. Just my opinion, but I would go for the VLX in that situation. I had a similar dilemna, I was looking at a 09 vRide and a 08 VLX. The vRide was used less and newer, but the VLX was a VLX and I couldn't pass it up. I paid a little bit more but I know I made the right choice and I haven't looked back.

I went through basically the same process, I found a new 07 vride and went with it over a used wakesetter for the following reasons:

1) full warranty

2) I got to break it in and put the hours on it

3) price was great

4) fit in garage

yes it is a bit smaller, I don't think it looks quite as nice as the WS and not all the bling but it fit 99% of my needs. am 40 plus years old and I can only go so far with wakeboarding so it does everythign I need...it tosses a fantastic wake for surfing, and because it is in the saltwater a bit less bling is good.

I had 11 people in it few days ago (8 kids, 3 adults) and it was fine space wise

Edited by board brained

I went through basically the same process, I found a new 07 vride and went with it over a used wakesetter for the following reasons:

1) full warranty

3) price was great

4) fit in garage

yes it is a bit smaller, I don't think it looks quite as nice as the WS and not all the bling but it fit 99% of my needs. am 40 plus years old and I can only go so far with wakeboarding so it does everythign I need...it tosses a fantastic wake for surfing, and because it is in the saltwater a bit less bling is good.

I had 11 people in it few days ago (8 kids, 3 adults) and it was fine space wise

There is only a 6 inch difference in the length. Did you find that to be a noticable difference?

Also, I am curious, what year was the wakesetter and how many hours were on it?

1) full warranty

3) price was great

4) fit in garage

great minds Board Brained- I went through exactly the same rationale when I landed on the 08 V-ride for the same reasons! I'm going to dismiss the part about "40 plus" and limiting your wakeboarding - I'm in the same spot but will continue to charge hard on developing the wakeboard skills- hadn't heard much on surfing the V-ride but you answered that question for me as well

There is only a 6 inch difference in the length. Did you find that to be a noticable difference?

Also, I am curious, what year was the wakesetter and how many hours were on it?

The difference IS HUGE, can't say that enough, the interior is much much bigger, it is only 6 inches longer but also 5.5 inches wider. doesn't sound like much but it is. Just sit in the two boats and you'll know what I'm talking about.

-Chris

The difference IS HUGE, can't say that enough, the interior is much much bigger, it is only 6 inches longer but also 5.5 inches wider. doesn't sound like much but it is. Just sit in the two boats and you'll know what I'm talking about.

-Chris

agree it is bigger and u do notice it.....just didn't need it...and the way it sat on the trailer I either had to modify my garage door (which is not happening as we just reno'd the front of the house) or take the tower off....which does not work.

couple this with much better price on new boat with full warranty and here I am.......

the WS also has alot more finishing and bling...... us Vride guys I guess fly economy.........

great minds Board Brained- I went through exactly the same rationale when I landed on the 08 V-ride for the same reasons! I'm going to dismiss the part about "40 plus" and limiting your wakeboarding - I'm in the same spot but will continue to charge hard on developing the wakeboard skills- hadn't heard much on surfing the V-ride but you answered that question for me as well

u know I have re thought the "40 year old" statment as I learned 360's last year and plan to nail a backroll this year....... and both my daughters think I rock as a wakeboarder......for an old guy :-)

-Chris

Oh I understand that. That is why I asked you what year the wakesetter was. If it is an 04 or older it actually wouldn't be bigger at all. So again, board brained, do you remember what year and perhaps the hours on the wakesetter you looked at?

Edited by wakeboy

Oh I understand that. That is why I asked you what year the wakesetter was. If it is an 04 or older it actually wouldn't be bigger at all. So again, board brained, do you remember what year and perhaps the hours on the wakesetter you looked at?

think it was an 05...and it was in wastington state I think, looked at a zillion boats, and it did not seem that much bigger its hours were around 180...

the WS also has alot more finishing and bling...... us Vride guys I guess fly economy.........

Nothing wrong with being price conscious! V-rides are great, you get all the important options and a world class hull for a fraction of the price. I was looking at '09 V-Rides, but got lucky and found a Copes repo '08 VLX. The new V-rides really look good with the G3 tower.

u know I have re thought the "40 year old" statment as I learned 360's last year and plan to nail a backroll this year....... and both my daughters think I rock as a wakeboarder......for an old guy :-)

I'm impressed :thumbup:

Edited by k_b_stephens