Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

setup for a 23lsv for wakesurfing

bblaser

I have the same set up and I run with the wedge down fill the all the tanks. I only put about half the water in the tank on the opposite side that we ride on. I also usually have about 6 to 10 people in the boat when we surf. It throws out a nice wake though. Rockon.gif

I have the same set up and I run with the wedge down fill the all the tanks. I only put about half the water in the tank on the opposite side that we ride on. I also usually have about 6 to 10 people in the boat when we surf. It throws out a nice wake though. Rockon.gif

• 1 month later...

little late to the thread.....but we've had a couple sessions already this year.

Here's my set-up:

-Wedge down

-Front and middle tanks full

-Rear tank full on the side were surfing, other side is empty

-500+ lbs sac on surf side seat

-person on sunpad corner

-two people in the bow, on surf side

-everyone else scattered along surf side seating

-speed 9.8-10, depending on conditions

I've got a nice meaty wake I can ride as far back as 10-12 feet off the transom. I'll try to get some pics this weekend

little late to the thread.....but we've had a couple sessions already this year.

Here's my set-up:

-Wedge down

-Front and middle tanks full

-Rear tank full on the side were surfing, other side is empty

-500+ lbs sac on surf side seat

-person on sunpad corner

-two people in the bow, on surf side

-everyone else scattered along surf side seating

-speed 9.8-10, depending on conditions

I've got a nice meaty wake I can ride as far back as 10-12 feet off the transom. I'll try to get some pics this weekend

Great info, I have had my 07 LSV I just bought out for the first couple of times the last few days and am working on the wave, went ropeless for the first time yesterday. I will try this setup today

This is the setup for regular side we used for years on our '04 23LSV. We spent many hours surfing with only two people, one surfing, one driving. It only gets better with more pepole:

Remove locker hard tanks

Plumb in 750 ProX Sac in each locker with quick connects. With the quick connects you can move the sacs if needed.

ProX Rear Seat Bottom sac under right side seat-Full

Move 750 ProX sac from right locker and put on top of left seat-Full

Bow ballast tank-full

Center ballast-full

Left locker sac-full

Manual wedge down

NO ballast in right rear locker.

10.5 MPH

Thanks for all the help you guys are great, went out yesterday and took your advice on my LSV

Wedge down

Front tank full

middle tank full

right tank full

540 in right locker

Wave was awesome, went ropeless for a 1/4 mile or so. My board is a LF venture 5.0 and at 180 I am right on the edge of being to heavy for it so I couldnt ride too far back but the wife can get 10-12 feet back and run all the way to the platform from there ropeless, sweet wave.

I love this website you guys are awesome.