Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wake Makers piggyback system

SunDoo

I am looking to permanently plumb in my 750's....quick connects for sure. I have heard this works pretty good, although not the fastest system. I am not interested in lightning speed as I will be filling a seat 750 with a tsunami anyway, and surfing is very much a social outing for us. I want to know if there any major downfalls to this system that members of the "crew" may have experienced. Snow is melting early....need to get busy before my hands get too shaky Crazy.gif Thanks in advance gang.

Dave

here is some light reading

I have the V drive piggy back system. I works alot better since they made a couple of changes to the system. I just turn the fill or drain on to make it work. There will be a small amout of water that will stay in the bags after the drain because of it's gravity drain to the pump system. Not a big problem.

The system fill pump fills to the bag and gravity and pressure fill the hard tanks. The only problem I could tell you about would be if you only wanted to fill the hard tank. You have to turn the pump on and let the bag partialy fill. turn the pump off and let the water drain to the hard tank. Check your fill level and repeat as needed.

I try to just fill the hard tanks for the beginner wakeboard riders and guests. I plan on building a quick connect / disconnect Fat sac bypass tube before the summer. This will allow me to just fill the hard tank.

here is some light reading

I have the V drive piggy back system. I works alot better since they made a couple of changes to the system. I just turn the fill or drain on to make it work. There will be a small amout of water that will stay in the bags after the drain because of it's gravity drain to the pump system. Not a big problem.

The system fill pump fills to the bag and gravity and pressure fill the hard tanks. The only problem I could tell you about would be if you only wanted to fill the hard tank. You have to turn the pump on and let the bag partialy fill. turn the pump off and let the water drain to the hard tank. Check your fill level and repeat as needed.

I try to just fill the hard tanks for the beginner wakeboard riders and guests. I plan on building a quick connect / disconnect Fat sac bypass tube before the summer. This will allow me to just fill the hard tank.

Thanks for the link....not the most promising reading though. I fill the hard tanks on their own all the time when wakeboarding, but want both hard and soft to the top when surfing. A little water left in the bags is no big deal, but waiting for a half an hour to fill would be frustrating. How long does your system take to fill both hard and bag?...Do you have 750's? Let me know. Thanks again.

Dave

Thanks for the link....not the most promising reading though. I fill the hard tanks on their own all the time when wakeboarding, but want both hard and soft to the top when surfing. A little water left in the bags is no big deal, but waiting for a half an hour to fill would be frustrating. How long does your system take to fill both hard and bag?...Do you have 750's? Let me know. Thanks again.

Dave

I have 550lb bags on each side. When I leave the dock I just turn on the pumps. The ballast is full and ready to go by the time I am. I would say 10 to 15 min. (guess... never timed it). I like the system and it works fine. I'm just really picky and want to try and match the hard tank fill level when I'm wakeboarding with no fat sac ballast.

Bakes's system would have been better for me, since I want to fill only one at a time. Price and not wanting to add another pump made me go the Piggy Back route.

Dang those directional valves are expensive....

cyoda,

What are you using up front to counter wieght the 550's? I'm about to add piggy back 565's in the back of mine, and wondering how much I'll need up front.

I just added a front hard tank... previously I only had people ballast. ~400 lb. That's probably why I didn't like the wake with all the ballast filled. It's hard to make your ballast people stay still.

I would go with the 750's in the back. They will help when you want to go :surfing: and are less expensive.

Edited by cyoda44
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed my system last week, with some modifications from their instructions. The hardest part was cutting the holes to get the hoses into the locker. I unfortunately have not get a chance to test it out. So far I'm happy.

I cut one in the removable panel over the stock take, to drain the sac back to the factory hard tank. The second I just put a mouse hole in the panel for the fill hose.

How did you manage to get the hoses inside the locker without making any holes?

There was enough room to run the hose in front of the engine / storage divider to the hard tank.

connection 1.... fill line from anti syphon to the Fly High sac.

connection 2.... Fly High sack drain to Hard tank fill connection. runs in front of the removable divider.

connection 3.... Fly High sack vent line to an added "Y" connection on the stock vent line.

Hard tank vent line stayed in the stock location.

Hard Tank drain stayed in the stock location.

I second 06's comments. I think Paul and the guys at Bakes Marine have come up with a fantastic system. 06 do you use this system yourself? I just sent Paul a pm to find out a little more info about his system, I think I will either go with Pauls or have a completly seperate system for the two 750's.

I second 06's comments. I think Paul and the guys at Bakes Marine have come up with a fantastic system. 06 do you use this system yourself? I just sent Paul a pm to find out a little more info about his system, I think I will either go with Pauls or have a completly seperate system for the two 750's.

I use all the components in that system with the exception of a much bigger sac. It works flawlessly.

There was enough room to run the hose in front of the engine / storage divider to the hard tank.

connection 1.... fill line from anti syphon to the Fly High sac.

connection 2.... Fly High sack drain to Hard tank fill connection. runs in front of the removable divider.

connection 3.... Fly High sack vent line to an added "Y" connection on the stock vent line.

Hard tank vent line stayed in the stock location.

Hard Tank drain stayed in the stock location.

Maybe your VTX is a little different. I didn't have any spaces to route the fill and drain hoses in mine. The wholes are small and not very noticeable. I also purchased some more quick connects from flow-rite so I could remove the sac and return to normal function.

WakeMakers! I probably would be happy if i could receive my order that i ordered over a month ago! I have made three attempts to call (nobody picks up) and an e-mail (still no response). I got a confirmation email same day and an expected shipping date a week later. My expected shipping date was Feb. 29 2010. :whistle: (i do realize that there was not a Feb. 29th, that is what the email said)

WakeMakers! I probably would be happy if i could receive my order that i ordered over a month ago! I have made three attempts to call (nobody picks up) and an e-mail (still no response). I got a confirmation email same day and an expected shipping date a week later. My expected shipping date was Feb. 29 2010. :whistle: (i do realize that there was not a Feb. 29th, that is what the email said)

That sucks hope you get that straightened out. I've heard alot of those kind of complaints about those guys.

Maybe your VTX is a little different. I didn't have any spaces to route the fill and drain hoses in mine. The wholes are small and not very noticeable. I also purchased some more quick connects from flow-rite so I could remove the sac and return to normal function.

Did you pick up the Flow-rite "T" to do the by pass? I just purchased some fittings to do the same thing.

Did you pick up the Flow-rite "T" to do the by pass? I just purchased some fittings to do the same thing.

I used the "T" supplied in the kit, ran a short piece of hose, and then put in one of the quick connects from Flow-Rite.

Interested in feedback from the flow-rite users. I orders 6 sets of the quick-loks for the flyhighs I've got, haven't had a chance to hook it all up yet. I was assured they would thread in, which they did, but I had to wrap each one with a ton of thread tape and it still didn't feel real tight until the threads bottomed out on the bag.

I threaded mine directly into the sac and have not had a leak. All the fittings where nice and tight.

If I threaded mine in about half way it would still wobble around a good bit. Did you use thread tape?