Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 wakesetter 247 lsv 8.1 litre

philly

I am looking at buying a 2008 247 lsv waksetter with the 8.1 liter vortec. My question is with being such a big boat, does anyone no what fuel is like on these engines? Our any problems ? Please tell me your thoughts and experiences on this boat and engine we are also looking at 23lsv with the 400 hp engine. Thanks so much.

I am looking at buying a 2008 247 lsv waksetter with the 8.1 liter vortec. My question is with being such a big boat, does anyone no what fuel is like on these engines? Our any problems ? Please tell me your thoughts and experiences on this boat and engine we are also looking at 23lsv with the 400 hp engine. Thanks so much.

I've got a 247 with the 6.2 and I don't notice a significant difference from my old Sunsetter with a 5.7. Of course, it depends on what you're doing. Pulling tubes sucks gas no matter what engine/boat configuration you're driving whereas boarding and skiing - significantly less.

I owned a 2007 247 with a 8.1 engine and a 2009 247 with a 8.1 engine and both used approxx 6 gallons per hour on average.

I wakeboard mostly with 1/2 of the tanks full and the 90 gallons of gas full. So this is not bad at all.

The fuel injection is a wonderful feature.

The best part is there is no oil consumption at 50+ hours.

I heard the smaller block motors do consume some oil. Check with others on this site because they are High Output motors.

I owned an older ski boat with a 350 ci. 4 barrel in an 18 foot boat and it used the same amount of gas per hour.

I owned a 2007 247 with a 8.1 engine and a 2009 247 with a 8.1 engine and both used approxx 6 gallons per hour on average.I wakeboard mostly with 1/2 of the tanks full and the 90 gallons of gas full. So this is not bad at all.

The fuel injection is a wonderful feature.

The best part is there is no oil consumption at 50+ hours.

I heard the smaller block motors do consume some oil. Check with others on this site because they are High Output motors.

I owned an older ski boat with a 350 ci. 4 barrel in an 18 foot boat and it used the same amount of gas per hour.

I find that amazing.