Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Automatic spotter seat openner

MalIbuCPA

O.k.

95 Response Closed bow...

there is 8 inches of ice on the lake and I am currently getting the vinyl on the back of my spotter seat fixed. The Gas strut doesnt work anymore so the back of the seat wont stay up while trying to get stuff out of the bow.

I want to replace it but I had a thought of maybe putting something mechanical in there so it would open with the press of a button.

Has anyone experimented with this? for all I know if might be an option on today's boats.

Just wondering your thoughts and if anyone know where to get something like i am describing.

Thanks for your help in advance.

What you would want is a linear actuator. You would need to find one with the correct stroke you need and a speed that is suitable to you.

Waste of time if you ask me. A new gas spring is $30.

If it would work as an ejection seat it would be totally worth it. Innocent.gif

wakeboarder......Hey, can we add more ballast for my next set? That wake looks a little washy on the port side.

skyskier.........No, but let's see what this big red button does, shall we? Whistling.gif