Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's up with Titan?

gamberhr

Anyone know what is up with Titan? I went to their website and it looks like they have been purchased by Malibu and the website is down. I wonder what impact this will have on pricing. I had held up on adding a tower to my Response LXI I bought late last year. I guess you snooze you loose.

I purchased some parts for my Titan tower a few weeks ago, the package came from Star One Wake, and the guy I was dealing with had @staronewake.com on his e-mail address. It was the same company that makes the Titan towers, he said he has been working there for years.

They have a web site, http://www.staronewake.com/ but it still says "under construction".

Anyone know what is up with Titan? I went to their website and it looks like they have been purchased by Malibu and the website is down. I wonder what impact this will have on pricing. I had held up on adding a tower to my Response LXI I bought late last year. I guess you snooze you loose.

From what my dealer told me you are right Malibu did buy Titan. I think Titan was in financial troubles and Malibu wanted more control over the design on the towers. You can probably get your dealer to do an install of a tower on your BU but will cost bucoo bucks I"m sure.

In this post, Wakegirl gave us a few details of how the Titan/Malibu purchase has shaken out.

I imagine you will need to get a Titan III from your dealer. A I or II direct from Star One. And I'd bet that a G3 with be impossible to get at all.

The III is probably the best quality anyway. Certainly the most tried & true. Rockon.gif

Funny this got brought up, I've been trying to figure it out the past week because I've been working with Star One on new products. Here is what I know to share with you all:

Malibu purchase the Titan name, along with some machinery, current Malibu logo'd inventory for the IX and XS towers, rights to the Malibu trademarked name and Titan 3 tower design/patent.

Star one investments took over the rest of the inventory, employees, shop, Titan 1 and 2 towers, and the rest of the machinery.

Star One Wake is paired up with Menace Wake Accessories (I can't find their website) They are still liquidating old old old inventory so they can get on with the show and start making new stuff but it's really picked over now.

Star One Just re-released the Titan 2 Tower 2 days ago and the series 1 is to follow soon in the next week. Their pricing is great for the traditional stainless "Titan" tower which is good news that they are still priced competitive.

As for the Titan Series 3 Tower, as of this morning I asked what was left and they said there was 16 towers left over and once they are gone it's up to Malibu if they want to make that tower again. I'm sure it will come down to supply and demand, I really liked the Series 3 tower personally (Had it on my last boat) but once the Illusion tower came out the demand for the Series 3 disappeared.

Hope the info helps

-Paul

From what i learned this morning, they are all out of the Series 3 tower for the Response. Sorry! You could do a series 2? I have pictures of a response with the series 2 tower on it if you want to see them PM me.

-Paul

From what i learned this morning, they are all out of the Series 3 tower for the Response. Sorry! You could do a series 2? I have pictures of a response with the series 2 tower on it if you want to see them PM me.

-Paul

Paul,

PM sent!

• 2 months later...

the guys that made the towers are still around, they are Star One Wake Accessories. they have the same number as titan and you can find products at www.menacewatersports.com

In this post, Wakegirl gave us a few details of how the Titan/Malibu purchase has shaken out.

I imagine you will need to get a Titan III from your dealer. A I or II direct from Star One. And I'd bet that a G3 with be impossible to get at all.

The III is probably the best quality anyway. Certainly the most tried & true. Rockon.gif

actually, the Titan III is no longer. however the Titan I, and II are still available

My grand plan to put a Series III on my 04' Response Lxi this year came to a crashing halt this week when the titanwake website wouldn't load. However, http://malibu.titanwake.com seems to still be active. Anyways, I called "Titan" today, which connected me to Menace Water Sports/Star One Wake -- the person I talked with confirmed that they were liquidating their Malibu branded inventory. He also told me that Malibu had "taken" the Series III tower back to their headquarters, but that Menace/Star One was "trying to get it back."

Conclusion, he told me to call back in a month to check on their progress. So, new issue, what tower do I choose now???? Summer in Wisconsin is almost here, and it doesn't last real long.

actually, the Titan III is no longer. however the Titan I, and II are still available

All this talk about Titan stuff has gotten me to thinking. I have 4 titan racks on my boat. Two spinners and two fixed racks. I hate polishing the forks and keeping them looking good. I really would like to have the rubber dipped forks, especially since my boat is black. I was wondering if I could just buy a big 5 gallon bucket of plasti-dip and do them myself? Or is there a company I could send them to or have it done. Don't really wanna have to buy 8 new forks when the ones I have are fine except they are polished and the rubber inside them is a little crappy now. Anyone have any thoughts about this?

Holy cow! just googled 5 gallon bucket of plasti-dip! :shocked: That stuff ain't cheap!

Edited by Bawshogg