Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What size wakeboard???

fast3ed

I have pulled everybody in my family around the lake. Now its my turn. But I have to get a wakeboard for my size. I hit the scales around 220LBS at 6'2". Does anyone know what size and brand I should get? Thanks Malibu Crew.

You are going to need at least a 140cm board. As far as which board. Now thats a good question. There are so many out there its hard to choose one board without knowing what characteristics you are looking for in a board. It sounds like you are a beginner, so just about any beginner board will be fine as long as it is the right size. Don't go buy a really advance board. It will be alot more expensive than a beginner model and it will be harder to learn on. Beginner boards usually have a continuous rocker and big fins which make learing to ride easier. Most people I know started on a Hyperlite Motive (mostly because we have Hyperlite dealer and rep. locally), but I don't know if they still make that board. Ask your local proshop or one of the online dealers. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

look around the net - there's all types of size charts out there - you'll have to figure out what you want - I spent a ton of time on the lake taking demo runs - personally I liked the flex boards and went with the slingshot set-up but learned on a liquid force - I'm not as big as you are but ride a 142 - my beginner board was a 143- I would think you could manage a flex up to 145 - wakeworld has a great buyer's guide -