Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

first time for 2010

board brained

actually first time for my boat to see water.....got the first 4 hours on the motor and loved it....coming from an 18 ft runabout man what a dream to drive. However docking and trailering are alot different. No one was at the launch yesterday so put it on and off the trailer half a dozen times to get the feel for it. Reverse is also a hole other experience compared to an I/O........

can not wait to get more hours on the motor and the water to be warmer that 48 degrees....... so I can jump in and ride

One word-drysuit! It's the best time of year to ride since no one is out! You get the whole lake to yourself. Spring and summer is nice with the warm weather and water but that also brings out the Crazies.

Congrats on your new boat!

Congrats on on getting out!

Sounds like your already getting lots of practice on transition.

You'll get the hang of reverse -- just takes a little bit of thinking ahead.

Enjoy!

How many complete circles in reverse did you do before you figured out it only turns one way!!?? On my test drive when I bought my vRide the guy told he knew how to go any direction in reverse, it just takes practice, I quickly found out he was full of BS after spinning around in circles for about 5 minutes!! You'll get the hang of it quickly though, if not all ready, just take it slow.

No better feeling than playing with the new boat. Handling takes a little getting used to, but it's surprising how fast you get to know your boat! 3rd time I had my boat in the water I flipped it around 180 degrees in between 2 docks 25' apart! (at the launch) Kinda looked like "Austin Powers" but she got pointed in the right direction.

Enjoy the new boat......Koop

I'm jealous! We finally got the inside of ours cleaned out from driving it home without a travel cover. Thing was DIRTY! But we still got a month or two before 8" of ice melts on our lakes! Freaking sucks! Boat show was this past weekend too. Making us even more anxious to get it out! Gonna have to get a dry suit I think hahaha!

I guess getting a new Malibu might wash out your need to get your Olympics on. Have fun.What a great city for these games!

went out again today as it is warm in Vancouver, waited til the speed skating was over then jumped in the boat for another run....hey we got our first ever gold on home turf tonight....... I should have taken some photos of the boat had 2 big canadian flags flying off the board racks........

and the praciticing on friday paid off, on the dock in one try (no bumps) and on the trailer smooth, even with the tide heading in.

best part of the ride today was how much the family loved the boat over the last one. you know the saying happy wife happy life

went out again today as it is warm in Vancouver, waited til the speed skating was over then jumped in the boat for another run....hey we got our first ever gold on home turf tonight....... I should have taken some photos of the boat had 2 big canadian flags flying off the board racks........

and the praciticing on friday paid off, on the dock in one try (no bumps) and on the trailer smooth, even with the tide heading in.

best part of the ride today was how much the family loved the boat over the last one. you know the saying happy wife happy life

Nice! Practice makes perfect.

Smart man.

dale's run was sooo much cleaner! came down to less than .2 of a second! Cry.gif

No way....u watching the same runs :-)

the mogals take place literally 10 minutes from my house..............it was electric here