Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV vs 247 LSV?

PVLP

Just trying to decide between the wakesetter 23 lsv and the 247 for 2010. we have mostly boarders and a few skiers. We've skied and boarded behind the 247 and are just curious if the wake is more flat behind the 23 for skiers because of the size difference. And also how the wake boarding wake is in comparison. Thanks for the help!

We test drove the 23 and 247 2009 models, and couldn't really tell much difference in the ski wakes or the boarding wakes. The 247 seems to sit a little higher in the water, and definitely takes more weight to sink for surfing, but then puts out a great wake. Neither ski wake will meet purist standards, but both are good compared to other manufacturer's similar boats. The Wakesetter ski wakes seemed to be slightly taller than the nautiques, but had a smoother transition, and what felt like a slight depression when crossing the table.

Just trying to decide between the wakesetter 23 lsv and the 247 for 2010. we have mostly boarders and a few skiers. We've skied and boarded behind the 247 and are just curious if the wake is more flat behind the 23 for skiers because of the size difference. And also how the wake boarding wake is in comparison. Thanks for the help!

go with the 247. you will appreciate the extra weight. the slalom wake is money. the wake board wake is the best. i pull several highly capable riders that are at the upper echelon of the sport and they say the 247 wake is the best one they have ridden for wakeboarding. if you are not into wakesurfing yet it is only a matter of time. the 247 throws the biggest surf wake in the business. you get more room and better diversity with the 247.

The 2009 23 was smaller than the 2010 247. Maybe it was my imagination....I would say lets hear from a Malibu dealer Tongue.gif

considering i have owned 2 23 lsv's and 2 247 lsv's i think i am qualified to inform you the difference in the boat length is in the back of the boat and not the front. they added to the extra length to the rear play pen and not the bow of the boat. to my updated knowledge this has not changed in 2010.Whistling.gif

The 2009 23 was smaller than the 2010 247. Maybe it was my imagination....I would say lets hear from a Malibu dealer Tongue.gif

It must have been your imagination because you're dead wrong on this one.

Edited by 06vlx