Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Shows

MizzouMike

Just read this...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/35186830

I found this particularly reassuring

"The truth is that we always say, 'Now is the best time to buy a boat,' but this time it's really true," said Thom Dammrich, president of the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) trade group

It is truly the best time to buy a boat, a lot of people will realize that in the next year if they did or didn't decide to buy.

-Paul

I must be going to the wrong show's because I have never found a good deal at a boat show. Cry.gif I think I need to move out west..

You've got a dealer in the Seattle area that would love to have you as a customer!

You wouldn't have been let down at the Seattle boat show, that's for sure!

-Paul

You've got a dealer in the Seattle area that would love to have you as a customer!

You wouldn't have been let down at the Seattle boat show, that's for sure!

-Paul

Hummm... Cry.gif Do you guy's have TN walking horses up there? Dontknow.gif That's the only way I could get my wife to move. Yahoo.gif

Hey... how about a Bakes South East! We could make Bakes a multi regional Mega dealer!! Thumbup.gif

What does the crew think?

Edited by cyoda44

It is truly the best time to buy a boat, a lot of people will realize that in the next year if they did or didn't decide to buy.

-Paul

I do not disagree on the timing being great now, I was just surprised by the quote....

I do not disagree on the timing being great now, I was just surprised by the quote....

Would you be surprised to hear that Malibu has almost sold their 2010 production (June is 2011 model year change) Things are looking up for the boating industry. I know we had a awesome boat show this year.

-Paul

Edited by Bake's Marine

Would you be surprised to hear that Malibu has almost sold their 2010 production (June is 2011 model year change) Things are looking up for the boating industry. I know we had a awesome boat show this year.

-Paul

so the question is, can you help me sell my boat fast enough so that i can get a boat in June and not miss much riding time this summer! :)

J. what's the get it sold price? I'll have it sold in a week and then you can arrange for delivery on the S.E. late May and only go a couple weeks without one. Valentine's day could be the perfect time to work on Sh....(wife) hope you're treating her well. I know what she got you:)I think you could suprise her at some point and get her, her own of what's she's getting you. Prices go back to normal next week though.

PS, no luck on the modem so far.

.... I know what she got youSmile.gif....

When i called her this morning she said that she was just leaving somewhere, and i was hoping it was Bakes! now i know my valentines present cannot be bad! Smile.gif

...I think you could suprise her at some point and get her, her own of what's she's getting you. Prices go back to normal next week though.

I am guessing that she did not get me a new boat, but if i had the money, i would gladly buy her one of her own! Smile.gif

J. what's the get it sold price? I'll have it sold in a week and then you can arrange for delivery on the S.E. late May and only go a couple weeks without one.

That is not a bad idea. though, i am not the one you have to convince to sell the SE!

PS, no luck on the modem so far.

Are you working tomorrow? i can stop by and take another look if you are.

I have been to the Indianapolis Boat show every year since about 1981, except for 2009.

At the end of February, 2009, i finally bought a new Malibu, through the boat show, and was not even there.

I was actually in Washington DC when I made the deal.

Maybe I won't go to the RV show this year and i will finally get one of those, too.

so the question is, can you help me sell my boat fast enough so that i can get a boat in June and not miss much riding time this summer! Smile.gif

Ha ha! If there is a will there is a way! The 2010 VLX in the showroom would mean no down time with out a boat!

I'm sure by now you've got your valentines gift from the wifey, you'll love it! Enjoy!

-Paul