Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ronix Gear

jeremyk

What are your thoughts on the line up of Ronix equipment. Everything from boots, wake boards, wake surfers, ropes, handles and vests?

FWIW, I am just getting into board based water sports. I have been riding before and am a pretty fast learner so want to make sure that I am getting gear that will grow with me or at least allow me to advance.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by jeremyk

i consider ronix to be a great product. i have some of the surf ropes and surfboard and acouple of ropes and handles. its alittle more expensive than some gear and its kind of on the flashy side but a great product that will be able to grow with you. any chance other people can get this great deal you are gettting.

Definitely high end stuff with Ronix. Looking at the District combo myself for this year because I'm not good enough right now to justify anything more than that, and probably never will be. If you're just getting into it seriously, anything they offer other than possibly the Ibex would be a fantastic ride. The Ibex is supposed to be a little mellower this year, but in the past it's been only for really hard-chargers because of the monster three stage rocker. Look at one in person and you'll see what I mean.

If he's got the full line, you've got opportunity to demo it all, right? What better way to find out!

If I'm not mistaken, they are from the same people that make Radar skis. Which is also good stuff.

I've got a lot of respect for Ronix, some of the best product we sell out of our store.

I really like their wake surfers, the Koal is my favorite board to ride.

-Paul

Ronix is great! I ride the ibex with the Relik bindings. I love the ibex and will not stop riding it until it breaks. The bindings I am not crazy about because they are close toed, but besides that they are very high quality and very comfortable! I would say that Ronix products have a more technical rider in mind.

I am 165 and 5'11". I like to go up rather than out when I do air it out, but I am not that good so I have a long way to go. Thanks for everyone's input. Sounds like I can't go wrong with Ronix gear to outfit my boat.

ive riden every ronix wakeboard and wakeskate except for the district. If i wakeboarded, it would be the board i would choose. The overwhelming majority of riders who are on the ibex, one or viva do not need the 'high end' benefits of them over the district.. Personally my favorite board is the new mana. If you love big pop in a secure, predictable way, you may like it. As for boots, i dont know why you would want any other boot. Lightest, most custom, best proprioceptive feel, different flex options. They just kick every other boots a$$.

The ropes have had lots of quality issues in the past few years. The '10 ropes and handles are a lot better however.