Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

No Dash Display and engine won't start

Took the boat out about 6 weeks ago and it ran fine. Have it stored on the side of the house under the cover an a blue tarp over the tower and open on one side so it plenty of ventilation. I check it almost daily for water and have a dehumidifier running in it. About a week or so ago I went in and turned the key to axillary and the main display was flashing " batter threshold 10.3 volts" or something like that. Yesterday I hooked up the battery charger and today hooked up the fake-a-lake and tried to run it. No displays on any of the gauges, LCD or dials. lights, bilge, horn, stereo all work. When I turn the key, the engine sounds strong. but won't turn over. It sounds like it is trying to turn over but out of gas. I am pretty sure I had half a tank, but put 6 gal in just in case.

Is there a fuse or trip switch I am missing.

Took the boat out about 6 weeks ago and it ran fine. Have it stored on the side of the house under the cover an a blue tarp over the tower and open on one side so it plenty of ventilation. I check it almost daily for water and have a dehumidifier running in it. About a week or so ago I went in and turned the key to axillary and the main display was flashing " batter threshold 10.3 volts" or something like that. Yesterday I hooked up the battery charger and today hooked up the fake-a-lake and tried to run it. No displays on any of the gauges, LCD or dials. lights, bilge, horn, stereo all work. When I turn the key, the engine sounds strong. but won't turn over. It sounds like it is trying to turn over but out of gas. I am pretty sure I had half a tank, but put 6 gal in just in case.

Is there a fuse or trip switch I am missing.

Check your safety lanyard I've had the same issue before. Also check your main breaker in the passenger storage compartment to make sure it's not tripped, it supplies power to the dash and electronics. Also check you connections on the batteries to make sure they aren't corroded and that they're tight.

Check your safety lanyard I've had the same issue before. Also check your main breaker in the passenger storage compartment to make sure it's not tripped, it supplies power to the dash and electronics. Also check you connections on the batteries to make sure they aren't corroded and that they're tight.

It was the safety lanyard, I figured it out right after I posted - I was going to try to delete this post out of embarrassment, but decided someone else might get use out of it. At least I'll know the answer when my son calls me out on the river with the same question.

Dan,

You can "fix" that from ever happening again by switching the wires on the back of the lanyard switch so that they are on the two terminals that are empty right now. Then, you don't need that silly lanyard in there at all, ever.