Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Power Sport Center closing

Intense

Hey guys,

I'm sure many of you know this, but I just found out Power Sports Center is closing. Too bad, they were great guys and one of the reasons I decided to get a Malibu. My question is, where are people planning to take their boats for service? Is Jeremy going to stay around?

Related/unrelated topic, would this cause you to switch boat brands?

mike

MIke; sorry to hear about your dealer. I am a little concerned about mine as well, as they made a huge real estate and business investment about 6 months before the economy tanked.

But if they went out of business, it wouldn't cause me to switch brands. My previous boat was a '99 Toyota Epic, and I continued to own it for about 6 or 7 years after Toyota Marine was shut down. Almost everything on the boat was generic off the shelf stuff, except for the engine, which only required oil changes, Johnson water pump impellers, and Autozone-sourced spark plugs in the ten years we owned it. The Malibu seems pretty generic to me as well, stuff that any good marina could fix, except possibly the dash and computer.

Party on,

Ub

Edited by UberXY

MIke; sorry to hear about your dealer. I am a little concerned about mine as well, as they made a huge real estate and business investment about 6 months before the economy tanked.

But if they went out of business, it wouldn't cause me to switch brands. My previous boat was a '99 Toyota Epic, and I continued to own it for about 6 or 7 years after Toyota Marine was shut down. Almost everything on the boat was generic off the shelf stuff, except for the engine, which only required oil changes, Johnson water pump impellers, and Autozone-sourced spark plugs in the ten years we owned it. The Malibu seems pretty generic to me as well, stuff that any good marina could fix, except possibly the dash and computer.

Party on,

Ub

In case you don't run across any of my other posts, North Point Watersports is the new dealer.

I really wanted an Epic right when I first started shopping. 4.0L 300hp V8 Lexus motor, sounded good to me, what eventually made you give it up?

I just spoke to Dave at North Point for quite a while. Rest assured that we're in good hands and they have everything inhouse (I lost my boat for 2 months last season becasue PSC couldn't do the vinyl work and they towed up to Loudon, TN). They are actually moving the MC line to downtown so they won't be under the same roof!! Now if Dave emails me back and says none of my issues are covered under warranty then i might be singing a different tune Biggrin.gif

Dave: if you're reading this, get signed up and share your input, there are several other dealers on here as well.

Well we will see won't we I am just realling from this whole thing I live too far away and mooresville is right on my way home from lake james, if this doesn't work out i'll have to learn how to do it all myself i guess..

I just spoke to Dave at North Point for quite a while. Rest assured that we're in good hands and they have everything inhouse (I lost my boat for 2 months last season becasue PSC couldn't do the vinyl work and they towed up to Loudon, TN). They are actually moving the MC line to downtown so they won't be under the same roof!! Now if Dave emails me back and says none of my issues are covered under warranty then i might be singing a different tune Biggrin.gif

Dave: if you're reading this, get signed up and share your input, there are several other dealers on here as well.

What are some of the issues you are trying to get covered under warranty? I have the same boat...just curious.

Tim

Hey guys,

I'm sure many of you know this, but I just found out Power Sports Center is closing. Too bad, they were great guys and one of the reasons I decided to get a Malibu. My question is, where are people planning to take their boats for service? Is Jeremy going to stay around?

Related/unrelated topic, would this cause you to switch boat brands?

mike

Mike...

I am very happy with my choice of boats so far. I did really like the relationship with the guys at PSC and will miss

that but don't forsee switching brands any time soon. Scott B at PSC told me today that Jeremy was going to continue providing

service and would be sending out an email soon with details. I hope so because I like Jeremy...he is a good guy.

Tim

In case you don't run across any of my other posts, North Point Watersports is the new dealer.

I really wanted an Epic right when I first started shopping. 4.0L 300hp V8 Lexus motor, sounded good to me, what eventually made you give it up?

We used the Epic for ten seasons and it was running like a top. However, a buddy of mine found some previous year model Malibus for sale at a great price - he bought one and put my name on the other one. I figure one boat every ten years is not frivolous spending. Interesting thing is that I got half what I paid for the Epic, even after ten years, but then again it looked like new (no-shoes-or-food-aboard rules pays off). Sold it on the internet in just a few days to a nice family in SC.

We used the Epic for ten seasons and it was running like a top. However, a buddy of mine found some previous year model Malibus for sale at a great price - he bought one and put my name on the other one. I figure one boat every ten years is not frivolous spending. Interesting thing is that I got half what I paid for the Epic, even after ten years, but then again it looked like new (no-shoes-or-food-aboard rules pays off). Sold it on the internet in just a few days to a nice family in SC.

Did you have it sitting out for sale in the SC area (across Buster Boy Bridge on Lake Wylie, SC?? White with a blue strip and v-drive??)