Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Suspected air in fuel system

I chased a problem for a year and no one could figure it out. I called Skidim.com and they were able to help me over the phone in 2 seconds. They are quite knowledgeable and will ship you the parts you need in no time. Highly recommended.

Plus1.gif On this one.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have had this surging problem for about a month. I checked to see and found that my 99 response lx has the solid fuel crossover lines. I went to a local shop that makes hydraulic hoses with one of the crossover lines as a model. Had them make up a flexible hose rated for fuel with a 3000psi rating. Putting this in solved the problem to about 90% so I went back and got him to make up a 4 inch hose with a blanked off end and attached it to a t fitting then the new flexible hose made up the first time and installed it. My idea was to make an air filled hose to absorb the pressure shock that is supposed to be causing the problem... sort of like you install in a plumbing system to stop water-hammer when you shut a tap to fast. Went for a ski/ride this morning and the problem seems to have gone away. Long term testing will be the next thing to see if the fix works. I took some photos of the hose setup... don't know how to post them to this site.