Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rank the Boat Builders

DKidneyBean

great thread!

I went Malibu on price/options - you get a pretty stylish boat with great options for the price - some may be disappointed with the boat buyers guide this year but you can stack them up pretty easily on what's in that issue

MB- not a bad boat at all - love the wake and right out of the box they come pretty well set-up...wouldn't fit in my garage...

Moomba - used to own a DD - tower was too hard to put up and down by myself...also gave up the slalom - went to the V-drive so the family could play on the boards

CC- way too much money

MC -way too much money almost went there but Malibu stepped up...

Tige' - just my opinion- but it felt a bit "cheap"

all about timing, Money and whats on the market- Malibu has consistently offered a great value!

1.Bayliner

ROFL.gif

I was think Bass Tracker myself.

Seriously, I have to put the Bu on top. When I was boat shopping a few years ago I was looking at new and drove Malibu, MC, Tige, Supra and Moomba. I remember how impressed I was with the ride in the Malibu. I ended buying used only because of price.

I now feel like going to a Lakers forum and ask them to rank the best basketball players. Then I will go to a Patriots forum and ask them to rank the best football players. Hmmmm where else can I go to ask a question where I will already know the answer.

This topic would make more sense if the question was rank the 2nd through 5th best boat brands.

I now feel like going to a Lakers forum and ask them to rank the best basketball players. Then I will go to a Patriots forum and ask them to rank the best football players. Hmmmm where else can I go to ask a question where I will already know the answer.

This topic would make more sense if the question was rank the 2nd through 5th best boat brands.

Lakers: Magic, Kobe, Kareem

Patriots: Brady...never heard of any others Biggrin.gif

Lakers: Magic, Kobe, Kareem

Patriots: Brady...never heard of any others Biggrin.gif

excuse me? you can't neglect the NBA icon himself Jerry West.

Also what about Ben Coates and ummmm ok thats all I got.

Lakers: How can you forget Kurt Rambis

Patriots: The most important player in franchise history was Drew Bledsoe. If he would have stayed healthy, we may have never heard of Tom Brady.

Tough to say that a man that took a hit from Mo Lewis that caused internal bleeding while running for a first down was not "staying healthy." I am impressed that he stayed alive. That hit would have killed any normal man.

Wasn't a knock on his toughness; just saying if he hadn't got hurt, who knows what would have happened with Brady and how all of it would have played out.

Wasn't a knock on his toughness; just saying if he hadn't got hurt, who knows what would have happened with Brady and how all of it would have played out.

haha I know what you are saying, just commenting on the fact that Bledsoe has to be a tough son of a gun to take that hit and live through it.

I would like to think Brady would have eventually had his chance to shine somewhere, but you never know. He may have had a bad outing in his only chance and never amounted to anything. Makes you wonder how many potential hall of fame QBs never got their shot. Especially when you consider Kurt Warner playing arena football and Jim Kelly playing in the AFL, those guys could have never played in the NFL.

Is this still a Malibu forum or did I steal it?

Malibuman, wakeboy, & rand49er

I was just trying to get an idea of the other boat builders in this category of boats. I am new to the competition watersport boat industry and thought the thread would help get to know some of the other boats that I see out on the water. In my original post I did mention that I was curious on the "rest" of the boat builders:

"but I was curious to see your guys' opinions on the rest of the boat builders. Considering all factors (performance, value, reliability, resale, models, etc.) how would you rank the rest of the boat brands out there against each other?"

Thanks,

I understand, I am just saying all you are getting is biased opinions. I don't know how much that is going to help you get to know other boats on the water. You are honestly better off going to the other brands forums and reading them, or search articles on the web.

Not that everyone here is biased. I try not to be, but in reality when comparing my boat to a MC or SAN I will look at my strong points and their weak ones.

I understand, I am just saying all you are getting is biased opinions. I don't know how much that is going to help you get to know other boats on the water. You are honestly better off going to the other brands forums and reading them, or search articles on the web.

Not that everyone here is biased. I try not to be, but in reality when comparing my boat to a MC or SAN I will look at my strong points and their weak ones.

Good point. I guess I could of been more detailed on why I was asking. I own a Malibu, but just like everything else that I buy, I am already looking for what I want next. And I was just curious about other makes. When I am out on the water I really don't know the difference between a Centurion and a Supra. This forum is filled with great info and I want to see the opinions of the members on these other builders. Thanks.

We bought our Malibu last fall so obviously they are top on my list. I went through this all last summer trying to decide on which boat to buy. I have owned a 23' Rinker I/O for the last 8 years and was very satisfied with the boat (never had anything go wrong with the boat and was a great value). Bought a houseboat a couple of years ago and the kids have shown an increased interest in water sports, so we decided to go with a tow boat. I looked at Bu, CC, MC, Moomba, Supra and Tige last year. I loved the quality, comfort and performance/handling of the Bu. I thought CC was a close second, but didn't like how it handled as well. Thought Moomba and Tige were good boats for the price but not as good of quality (hence the lower price). We eliminated MC fairly early on mainly because of price and design of the boats. This forum was probably the deciding factor on why we chose a Bu. After lurking all the sites for a few months, I didn't see the passion that Bu owners have from the other mfgrs.

1: Bu

2: CC

3: Moomba (price)

4: Tige

5: MC

This is how I rated them. Not to say that MC doesn't make a better boat than Moomba, because I think they do. Just not for what they want for them.

A Vikings fan from Oregon that isn't even willing to acknowledge Tom Brady, now that is random.

DKidneyBean, honestly go to a dealer and look at some of the boats in question, like Centurion or Supra. Or even better, go to a boat show and look around, ask questions, sit in the boats.

Edited by wakeboy

You know what seems even more random? Trying to have a conversation about the best players ever on a team that has a grand total of 4 Hall of Famers (none of whom could you name without researching). Only new expansion teams have less history. That was my point. The Lakers (who I hate)....well, that seems like a valid discussion.

Being that they are both off-topic maybe they are both random Crazy.gif

Oh, and I'd go with Supra and Centurion in a tie for #4 on my boat list.

I know John Hannah is in the pro football hall of fame. My guess on the other three are Steve Grogan, Andre Tippett, and Jim Nance. I am not sure if Grogan ever made it, but I am pretty sure Tippett and Nance are in. That is sad only 4 made it in, though.