Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GPS on Maliview

cwkoch

Does anyone have any experience yet with the new optional GPS charting on the Maliview display?? I'm consideirng ordering it, but I'm really torn about it right now. It will use the Navionics charts, with only their gold and silver packages. It won't be compatiable with the Platinum or HD maps. I currently run with a hand-held Garmin with lake maps on a windshield mount, but I thought having it on the Maliview display might be cool. Just looking for actual first hand experience with it, if anyone has used it yet. Thanks.

I didn't know this was even an option. Is this new?

Yes, It's a brand new option. Available on the 2010s. My local dealer is just starting to get info about it from Malibu.

This is the first i have heard of it too. I wonder if you will be able to get an update for the 09 model malivue. It sounds like a cool idea!

Edited by cmcgee82

This is the first i have heard of it too. I wonder if you will be able to get an update for the 09 model malivue. It sounds like a cool idea!

I heard that you should be able to update the 2009's with an add-on, but the 2008's wouldn't be able to just add it?? I'm not totally sure on that though.

I was wondering about this and if you got the zero-off option if it would all be controlled through maliview... that would be nice. I think nautique has it integrated into their new screen system

I was wondering about this and if you got the zero-off option if it would all be controlled through maliview... that would be nice. I think nautique has it integrated into their new screen system

It sounds like the GPS receiver will be independent from the Zero Off receiver. So, if you have both, you'll have 2 GPS receivers on the boat. I'm not sure if Nautique has GPS or not, but Supra does. The maps look very similar, so I'm pretty sure Supra is using the same Navionics charts as Malibu (and the same Medallion screen for that matter).

It sounds like the GPS receiver will be independent from the Zero Off receiver. So, if you have both, you'll have 2 GPS receivers on the boat.

That's good news to me because I didn't go with the Zero-off option.....whew...

Edited by ds53652
  • 2 weeks later...

Paul/Bakes,

Can you provide any insight here? I've emailed my dealer twice now on this and gotten no response (although they have been doing the Dallas Boat Show during this time so I know they've been busy). My boat is currently in production and if this is now an option, I want to get it done at the factory.

Is this really an option now? If so, any info you can provide? Costs? Prerequisites? Etc?

Thanks in advance!

Call Frank, they had the boat show the last two weekends then this weekend is the On The Water boat show at Pier 121. Call over there and see when the spray date is for your boat? It may be too late. You didn't order your 23 very long after I ordered mine and mine has been here for a couple of weeks.

I've been finding out a bit more information. The GPS is an add-on to the Maliview screen. It is a $1,000 option. It uses the Navionics lake maps. It will be compatiable with the Navionics HotMaps Premium package. Here is a link to find out what lakes are on their maps. Navionics . Just click on your region for a listing of the lakes. You'll buy the chip you want from any Navionics dealer. I checked at the local Cabela's, and the North region chip is $150 through them. The GPS maps should look just like they do on the Supra Vision screen, since they're using the same screen as Malibu. Supra Vision . I think just about any lake you'll ever go to on their maps. When I looked through the lake listing, there wasn't any lakes that I knew of that weren't listed. The control will be mounted off to the side of the dash, like in this picture.

DSC00253-1.jpg

• 1 month later...