Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesport Ranch (DFW)

Ronnie

I thought I would pass on this latest newsletter from DFW's newest Cable Park. Several of you PM me about the progress so here it is. I think they are having some specials for season passes right now too. This place should be fun.

Ronnie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WakeSport Ranch Newsletter

Newsletter

February 2, 2010

We Did It in the Cold!

On January 31st, at approximately 2:30 in the afternoon, at a brisk temperature of 35 degrees.... A group of about fifteen people materialized to participate in the first full running of the cable system at WakeSport Ranch.

We accomplished:

The first full laps around the park...

The first female rider...

The first multiple riders - 4 at a time...

Fine tuning of the complete system...

Only with the rains that occured last week was the lake deep enough on the shallow end to ride for test purposes. More rain is predicted in the next three days, Feb 3-6 that will continue to fill the lake and ready the park for normal running.

The web site at www.wakesportranch.com has been updated with some new information and photographs if you wish to check it out.

We are currently finishing the first obstacles to be installed in the lake - a wedge with adjustable height, a fixed wedge, an adjustable kicker, and a 50 foot long fun box with a wall ride.

We anticipate opening the park on weekends as soon as this month, provided it warms up to more tolerable temperatures. An email will be sent to announce the anticipated weekends.

Best regards,

Jack V. Farr

President

Ahhh, racecars and wakeboarding. What could be better?

I hope this panns out for them. They have been pumping a ton of money into that facility for the past 10 years.

I know i will be making a few trip there, at 700 bones i wont be buying a season pass though!

Agreed, but $700 is a deal if you dont own a boat...considering boat payments/cost, insurance, storage, fuel, etc.

It is quite a hike down there from north dallas too. I agree with the $700 be an aweful lot for a season pass if you have a boat. But on the other hand, cable riding is so much different than riding behind a boat. However, you cant cruise to sneaky petes and pick up chicks at the cable park lol.

Anybody tried the one at the MC dealer?

It is quite a hike down there from north dallas too. I agree with the $700 be an aweful lot for a season pass if you have a boat. But on the other hand, cable riding is so much different than riding behind a boat. However, you cant cruise to sneaky petes and pick up chicks at the cable park lol.

Anybody tried the one at the MC dealer?

You arent going to find any rails at Sneaky Pete's either ;^). I know one particular skateboarder that is a member of motorsport ranch that might be down for the $700 season pass.

Didnt know they had a cable running at MC of Texas, but i know they are $200+ hourly behind a boat.