Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan II or III front hoop fold lower ?

howe

Does anyone know if the front hoop will fold lower on the Titan II or Titan III when folded? Logically it seems the III would be a little lower based on the wishbone configuration, but looking for some experts to chime in.

Does anyone know if the front hoop will fold lower on the Titan II or Titan III when folded? Logically it seems the III would be a little lower based on the wishbone configuration, but looking for some experts to chime in.

I've never actually measured the two or had them side by side. But I think it's not the bend in the front hoop, but the thickness of the tubing that will determine the overall height.

Other factors that may contribute, just off the top of my head:

- which hull are you talking about?

- which windshield?

- which trailer?

CIMG0455.jpg

All things considered equal, one would hope the later design would get you a few inches. Rockon.gif

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

Wow, I never realized how much different the t2 is from the t3. Anyways, I have the t3 and although Bill doesn't have his front legs quite resting on the windshield, I would say the T3 would be slightly lower. I'm pretty sure the highest point is right where it goes over the windshield, it starts to level off and drop back down after the windshield. This will depend on where you position your front legs.

Wow, I never realized how much different the t2 is from the t3. Anyways, I have the t3 and although Bill doesn't have his front legs quite resting on the windshield, I would say the T3 would be slightly lower. I'm pretty sure the highest point is right where it goes over the windshield, it starts to level off and drop back down after the windshield. This will depend on where you position your front legs.

I have an 05 vride with the T3. The highest point is about 6" above the window. But it is the rear hoop that is actually tallest by a tiny bit. My door is just shy of 7' and it (no joke) folds back the rubber insulation on the garage door as she is going in. Very close.

post-7843-12651754486123_thumb.jpg

Edited by ruffdawg

With the help of my son, we have got the boat put in garage and unhooked from truck with truck parked next to it in under 10 minutes. It takes a well choreographed act though. That includes removing all wet items, coolers and removing swim platform, dropping manual wedge, removing starboard trailer guide post and unbolting the front hoop. I think the VLX extra width causes both hoops to stay higher than the V Ride.

Edited by dalt1

Thanks for all the input. It will be going on a 03 Sunsetter 21 XTI. I'm not too concerned w/ the rear hoop since when back it should rest behind the engine = lower. The front is my concern. I have ~11 inches at the windshield, but unfortunately I back up into my garage so as I move farther back from the windshield the gap is tigher when it clears the door.

Someone mentioned it would be at it's highest at the windshield, but pictures I've seen make it look like the high point is some x distance behind the windshield. Do any of you know what that distance behind the windshield is?

Thanks for all the input. It will be going on a 03 Sunsetter 21 XTI. I'm not too concerned w/ the rear hoop since when back it should rest behind the engine = lower. The front is my concern. I have ~11 inches at the windshield, but unfortunately I back up into my garage so as I move farther back from the windshield the gap is tigher when it clears the door.

Someone mentioned it would be at it's highest at the windshield, but pictures I've seen make it look like the high point is some x distance behind the windshield. Do any of you know what that distance behind the windshield is?

Yeah that was me, mine sits a little lower than Ruffdawgs for what ever reason, maybe my front legs are installed a little farther toward the bow, I don't know.

There isn't much room to fudge on the fore/aft placement of the towers (for the v-ride) so there cant be to much difference Dontknow.gif

I would say the high point falls somewhere between 2-3 feet behind the window. I think that is what your asking.

Edited by ruffdawg