Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bimini top options

medicdiver

I am looking at getting a Bimini top for my boat. Just wondering where everyones top comes from, and what options are out there? What should I expect to spend on one?? What do I look for in a quality one? Boat is White/Extreme Green Sporty LX

Thanks in advance

Jeremy

I am looking at getting a Bimini top for my boat. Just wondering where everyones top comes from, and what options are out there? What should I expect to spend on one?? What do I look for in a quality one? Boat is White/Extreme Green Sporty LX

Thanks in advance

Jeremy

http://towerbiminis.com/

They do amazing work. I would think 500-700 Thumbup.gif

When I was looking at boats, I looked at an 09 Response and the guy was extremely proud of his Bimini because it was rigid and tight and it had no straps. It was very nice. He told me who made it but I can't remember. If you want I'll give you his email address and you can get in touch with him and find out more.

When I was looking at boats, I looked at an 09 Response and the guy was extremely proud of his Bimini because it was rigid and tight and it had no straps. It was very nice. He told me who made it but I can't remember. If you want I'll give you his email address and you can get in touch with him and find out more.

Here is the CL ad: http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/1574453597.html

I had one made like a TEE top for the big fishing boats. There are four tower clamps that hold it in position so, no straps, no pins, no drilling into the boat or tower! Yahoo.gif We don't even remove it when we are pulling down the road. :ford:

I will try to post some pics tonight.

I had one made like a TEE top for the big fishing boats. There are four tower clamps that hold it in position so, no straps, no pins, no drilling into the boat or tower! Yahoo.gif We don't even remove it when we are pulling down the road. :ford:

I will try to post some pics tonight.

Would like to see your photos. I like the top you can get with the Monster Tower.

That looks like some quality shyte! 2009 prices starting at $790.

John at Tower does high quality work custom as well!! :ford:Rockon.gifRockon.gifRockon.gif

Edited by Living the Dream
  • 5 years later...

Depends on what you want/need and where you are located. Towerbimini's is a good option as they already have specs on a lot of towers so the turn around is quick. We needed bigger, talked to the local upholstery shop and got exactly what we wanted. Cost I think like $400 more but probably twice the shade. Also about a third the cost of a z5