Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Will this fit

fast3ed

I have a 2003 Malibu VLX wakesetter trying to buy a wedge only. Some guy called me about a wedge he has for a 2006 malibu LVS wakesetter. Does anybody know if this will fit on my 2003.

Sure,

As long as you get all the necessary mounting parts.

Besides the wedge itself, you need the two metal plates that bolt to or sandwich the transom.

Besides what you see in the pic, you need a stainless plate on the inside of the boat that has the 4 hole pattern.

Hey thanks for the reply. I forgot to say my VLX already has the plates for the wedge on the boat just no wedge.Are the manual wedges all the same size? Thanks again.

Edited by fast3ed

Hey thanks for the reply. I forgot to say my VLX already has the plates for the wedge on the boat just no wedge.Are the manual wedges all the same size? Thanks again.

I bought a manual "V" plate wedge for my uncle's Sunsetter off a crew member and it fit fine, but the bracket was a bit tight. We ended up filing about 1/32" off the outside of each arm to get it to operate smooth.

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Seems like all you need now is the wedge itself. This one will not fit your brackets but, this Cold Water lake guy usually sells the correct wedge you need on his ebay site. Drop him a line. You'd want the "Pro" wedge, or "bent" wedge, or "V shaped" wedge for your boat. Like the one in my pic, if you notice the black foil is actually "bent" not flat like the older style wedges.

Periodically, they come up for sale here, on this site.