Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1991 Malibu Skier Floor

jglowicki

Skier had wood stringers up to 93'. A 93' or newer should be all glass.

If the floor in the Skier you looking at is solid and you take care of it you should be fine.

If it was a boat that sat outside in the weather and the floor remained wet a lot of the time I would certainly worry about the wood.

Just to clarify, different models made the switch in different years. The Sunsetter wasn't all glass until '95. All Skiers have wood in them, the floor, the stringers, etc. All Echelons (debuted in '93) are all glass. So you can't make a blanket statement that Malibu went all-glass in a certain year.

Thanks for clarifying Tracie. I always though the 93-94 Skiers were glass floors. Good to know. You learn something everyday here on the Crew! Thumbup.gif

I'm no where near the product expert that Tracie is, so I say this will all respect that is due her. I do, however, have a 93 skier. 1993 skiers are glass floors and glass stringers. I've not found a stitch of wood anywhere in mine. There may be a balsa core somewhere deep in that stringer - but I've been in there deep and have not found anything remotely close to wood. The hull too - I've pulled the rudder and some of the other thru-hull items and looked at the layup. It's all glass.