Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New CWB Boots

BigJerDog

Hey all,

I guess it might be a little early for this but does anyone have any feedback on the new CWBs supposed to be superlight still has the hingetech etc. Im curious. I have the 07 Faction hingetech which I love but as Ive progressed they are super heavy and I feel like they are holding me back. I think im gonna get the new ones but I was hoping someone else might get them first and gimme a review. Hope everyone is havin a great winter

I have the new Answers. They are almost 3 lbs lighter than my '06 Zeus bindings (I weighed them). They are comfortable but the hinge is different now. Instead of a on/off or locked/unlocked hinge it is a stiff/relaxed type setup. The cable is gone. I would recommend them but I haven't had a chance to ride them yet.

Biggest thing I recommend for any newly designed bindings is to fill out your warranty paperwork as soon as you open the box.

I rode a set of the Liquid Force Vantage CT Limited bindings for about 2-1/2 months last year and shredded them to pieces. Ripped the liner out, broke the base plate, and ripped the outer seam. Sent them in for warranty repair/replacement and haven't gotten any back yet. I think I'll be receiving a set of the 2010 LF CT Vantages as soon as they come out of production.

Seems like none of the newer bindings last as long as the older bindings did. Seems they spend more in repairs and replacement than they make on the original purchase, or just people I know aren't the average user and therefore are the exception.

• 3 weeks later...

the 2010 Factions are super comfortable. My favorite boot ive tried on from the 2010 CWB line. i was never a fan of the hinge because of the way it felt, but now its gone and the heel lock hinge works great with out digging into your Achilles. the boots are soft for poking out grabs, but keep your feet secure on the board. the package with the 2010 faction board and faction bindings is a great deal.

• 4 months later...

Got the new boots a few weeks ago.. still breaking them in but MAN they weigh next to nothing. I LOVE them and the landings are supersoft great support and cushion for landings.