Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for a fold-flat tower

jcsa71

Here's our Titan Series I folded. Sorry the pic is a bad angle to tell the folded height - it's the only one I can find where the tower is down. The rear hoop is certainly lower than the windshield. It will lay almost completely flat. The front hoop has a pretty nice curve to it that helps it get close to the boat when rested on the windshield. When our front hoop is resting on the windshield I can't imagine it's more than 18 inches above the top of the windshield frame. If I remember right the front hoop when folded is still below the roof of the truck. Wish the boat wasn't in storage or I could get a better side pic of it folded for you.

post-7666-1264960319517_thumb.jpg

Aerial Airborne.

My speaker box prevents the tower from going totally flat to the gunnel. The speakers will hit the engine cover.

Found one before the speaker box was installed.

post-144-12649948140743_thumb.jpg

post-144-12650931580146_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sunsetter95

Does Monster Tower make a good tower? Has anyone out there had any problems with them? Anyone have positive experience?

It's probably the best universal tower out there. Great customer service, good product....I wouldn't have any qualms about ordering one.

With that said, if you can make it work like Martin shows up above, I'd give the nod to a Titan if you can get one. The Titan is custom made for your boat, so there won't be any issues with fit. (Not that there would be with a Monster, it just may take a bit more tweaking to get it right & to keep it there.)

Does Monster Tower make a good tower? Has anyone out there had any problems with them? Anyone have positive experience?

I had a Monster Tower on my last boat. It was inexpensive and it worked perfectly. I rarely had to fold mine down but it did fold down flat. I would recommend it to anyone looking to put an inexpensive but well made tower on their boat. The only thing I would reccomend is that you keep a ratchet on your boat to tighten the bolts down from time to time. I did this just because the bolts would work themselves a little loose from all the riding, it isn't a huge deal and there are only a few to keep tight.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I also need a tower that doesn't extend above the windshield. How did the MT1 work for you Ballast buddy??

Sorry this is a bit late, but we love our MT1.