Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

response lxi wake

smcrostie

can anybody tell me the difference between the old response lxi wake and the new

cause we are looking to upgrade our 06 response lxi to the 2010 lxi but are

concerned about the wake differences. We ski between 30 and 32 mph.

No need to be concerned, you will like it. Slalom wake is very similar. The 06 has a better barefoot wake. The 2010 is less likely to take water over bow.

can anybody tell me the difference between the old response lxi wake and the new

cause we are looking to upgrade our 06 response lxi to the 2010 lxi but are

concerned about the wake differences. We ski between 30 and 32 mph.

Since barefooting is my prominent water sports activity, I would NEVER buy a newer response LXi(2007 and up). The wake is TERRIBLE for barefooting, even with an SSP.

Given that, I see no real difference when slaloming behind the newer LXi's versus the LXi's before 2007.

Personally, if I were going to buy a newer LXi, I would not go with anything newer than an '06.

As for water over the bow, I don't know if there is a difference between the 2010 and 2008 LXi hulls, but my cousin's 2008 has taken water over the bow a few times. My personal experience though is it is 90% drivers fault when water goes over the bow.

We regularly ski behind my 2003 LXi w/Monsooon, a 2003 LXi with Vette, and a 2008 LXi w/Monsoon. There is no question that jumping from older to newer there is a difference with that newer hull. At -15 and -22 the wake is taller and some of the group says "softer" -aka the ski slices thru the wake easier, I don't know if I notice that as much as they do. I prefer my 2003 at -28 for sure. What I do notice on the newer hull the most is on turns at shorter rope lengths there are large shots of spray that come off and hit you in various parts of the body akin to a paintball. I would definitely recommend a back to back comparison before you make a decision. I'm keeping mine.

Edited by skislut

The only thing I see is 07 and newer may be more weight sensitive. I have never been bothered with spry if the boat is running level or there is no extrema wind. If I close my eyes I could not tell a difference in wakes for slalom. We are skiing 35 off or shorter at 34 or 36 mph.

Since barefooting is my prominent water sports activity, I would NEVER buy a newer response LXi(2007 and up). The wake is TERRIBLE for barefooting, even with an SSP.

Given that, I see no real difference when slaloming behind the newer LXi's versus the LXi's before 2007.

Personally, if I were going to buy a newer LXi, I would not go with anything newer than an '06.

As for water over the bow, I don't know if there is a difference between the 2010 and 2008 LXi hulls, but my cousin's 2008 has taken water over the bow a few times. My personal experience though is it is 90% drivers fault when water goes over the bow.

Just curious.....what makes a good barefoot wake good? Why is the pre07 wake better then the 07+ wakes?

Just curious.....what makes a good barefoot wake good? Why is the pre07 wake better then the 07+ wakes?

Both sides of the curl put out a little chop and feel hard. Especially the driver side.

As for the table of the wake, it is hard and turbulent. Makes wake crossing more difficult. I've tried at different rope lengths and it is crap from 70-100 feet. There's also a crazy little rooster thing happening on the table. Dontknow.gif

The pre-'07 wake is much more soft and almost takes no efforts to cross the wake. The curl on both sides is very soft and smooth.

Disclaimer:

This is just my opinion and in no way reflects the views of Malibu Boats or the Malibu Crew website ;)

Both sides of the curl put out a little chop and feel hard. Especially the driver side.

As for the table of the wake, it is hard and turbulent. Makes wake crossing more difficult. I've tried at different rope lengths and it is crap from 70-100 feet. There's also a crazy little rooster thing happening on the table. Dontknow.gif

The pre-'07 wake is much more soft and almost takes no efforts to cross the wake. The curl on both sides is very soft and smooth.

Disclaimer:

This is just my opinion and in no way reflects the views of Malibu Boats or the Malibu Crew website ;)

Cool. Thanks man.

The biggest difference in the 08' and beyond hull is the handling. The new hull tracks amazing! I personally don't notice much difference in the wakes between the two as far as slalom goes. If anyone is interested in a great deal on a 2010 Response LXi, check out the For Sale page.

The biggest difference in the 08' and beyond hull is the handling. The new hull tracks amazing! I personally don't notice much difference in the wakes between the two as far as slalom goes. If anyone is interested in a great deal on a 2010 Response LXi, check out the For Sale page.

I've driven (and skied) both the '08 and '09 and I really didn't see any difference or improvement in tracking/handling between those and my '05 (all are excellent IMO). One opinion. Nice pimp though... Whistling.gif

Ed

07 and newer should have no changes in hull. The only thing that could change handling would be weight or ruder trimming. Weight would be engine and other options or what is in the boat, gear,batteries,anchor,people. 06 and earlier on diamond hull, 07 and later on cut diamond hull.