Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What you guys think of the Titan Series III Tower?

Defix9

Hey all, i was wondering, we bought our 2008 Malibu Vride for quite a good price, but it already had the titan series III tower, but i really like the illusion X tower better, better than anyother tower they have. do you guys think it is worth having the titan series III tower? and ofcourse its stronger than the illusion X but the illusion X just looks so much better on every single malibu. (my opinion, critisize if you want :P )

There is a picture of it on the left

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Defix9
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• Bill_AirJunky

• Bobby Light

• Malibudude

Your opinion is fine, the illusion is a sweet looking tower. Personally, for my boat I wouldnt want the illusion just because of how restrictive it is on slalom skiing. I think the titan is a sweet tower. I think your voat looks pretty damn good if that means anything :).

Just my opinion but I really like the Titan III better than the Illusion. But that is just me. I agree with Wakes, your boat looks great with the Titan. As you had said the Titan is a bit stronger.

Personally, I don't like the illusion tower at all. I think it looks funny to say the least. On the other hand, the Titan 3, IMO, is one of the best looking towers. Makes your boat look like a killer SHARK!! Rockon.gif

Check out this bada$$ machine:

dream_boat.jpg

Hey all, i was wondering, we bought our 2008 Malibu Vride for quite a good price, but it already had the titan series III tower, but i really like the illusion X tower better, better than anyother tower they have. do you guys think it is worth having the titan series III tower? and ofcourse its stronger than the illusion X but the illusion X just looks so much better on every single malibu. (my opinion, critisize if you want :P )

There is a picture of it on the left

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

think your boat look good, however the illusion X is the best looking tower on the water...........after having both I am sold 100% on the illusion it is also easier to fold down when putting the boat away. Speakers, lights integrated better, better vision etc.......

Looks well that's open to each person's tastes, but I can tell you the Titan is by far the sturdious tower period. The rear feet are a bit more forward than that of the Illusion making it easier to get into the boat.

You could probably relatively easily find someone to buy the Titan, but the cost for gelcoat repair alone with be a couple hundred bucks. If it were me I'd keep it the Titan. I personally have had a Titan and now an Illusion and don't find either easier to raise/lower.

As Malibudude said, looks are subjective so let's put that aside. The Titan is functionally a better tower. If you could find an Illusion to put on your boat, you'd be asking for problems. Whether it's gel cracking at the tower mounts, lack of support from the manufacturer (since the company is defunct) or a lack of accessories, you're asking for problems by doing that. Be happy with what you have & don't fall victim to the idea that the grass is greener, because in this case it isn't.

The top two criteria for my next boat will be.....

1. It's a Malibu

2. It has a Titan tower on it.

I love our Titan tower. I have had no experience with the Illusion tower, but have certainly heard a lot of complaints about how rigid and sturdy it is once it is loaded up with gear not to mention the gelcoat cracks. The heim joints on the Titan certainly combat the gelcoat stress.

I think the Titan III is the best tower on the water and whenever I see a Malibu with a T III on it I think - "that is a sweet boat". Thumbup.gif

I agree with Wakegirl 100%

I do like the looks of the illusion though... It may be the Malibu "Signature look" but I'm a function over fashion guy every time!

Your boat looks great!!

Patrick

The T3 does kind of look a little plain or boring if you don't have anything hanging from them and/or a bimini worked in. I love my T3 but the black powder coat is a little weak, need to strip it some day.

I don't have anything hanging from mine, are you saying my boat looks boring? Innocent.gif

Looks wise the Illusion tower rocks, but the Titan tower looks like every tower you see on the water. Ive had two boats in the last three years with the Illusion Tower and never had any issues with it.

Looks wise the Illusion tower rocks, but the Titan tower looks like every tower you see on the water. Ive had two boats in the last three years with the Illusion Tower and never had any issues with it.

I like the looks of the Illusion don't get me wrong but I have to respectfully disagree with you on the Titan looking like every tower you see on the water. Titan has a style/look of it's own and is far superior to the others IMO.

I like the looks of the Illusion don't get me wrong but I have to respectfully disagree with you on the Titan looking like every tower you see on the water. Titan has a style/look of it's own and is far superior to the others IMO.

Plus1.gif Well said.

I don't have anything hanging from mine, are you saying my boat looks boring? Innocent.gif

I guess so, sorry, I just had a pair of racks on mine when I bought it and thought it was pretty bland, added some cheap tower speakers and I bimini and it looks pretty good now. And I definitely wouldn't say it looks like every other tower.

I guess so, sorry, I just had a pair of racks on mine when I bought it and thought it was pretty bland, added some cheap tower speakers and I bimini and it looks pretty good now. And I definitely wouldn't say it looks like every other tower.

I agree, I was just messin with ya. My boat is kinda bland too. I'm not a bling guy, I even take the decals off my dirtbike.

Here ive got a recent picture with our bimini top on, incase you all are wondering, in the background that boat is a matrix, (australian wakeboarding boat) haha, most of u probs never seen 1

http://s874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/defix9/?action=view&current=IMGP3292.jpg

im getting speakers on it soon :)

Yep your right I have yet to see a Matrix until now... I am still a huge Titan fan so I would keep your boat as is. Now if I could change something on your boat it would be those registration numbers, holy cow those are big, is that the norm in Aussie land?

Yep your right I have yet to see a Matrix until now... I am still a huge Titan fan so I would keep your boat as is. Now if I could change something on your boat it would be those registration numbers, holy cow those are big, is that the norm in Aussie land?

yeah its normal, when u get your boat and register it, the government sends you a letter with where to put them and what order they go in, and they send u the letters and numbers too, but sometimes when u buy a boat here theres an op to have them but on in the factory :)

I love my Titan 3. I get complimented on it all the time by people that dont know anything about boats. I am guessing that they are going completely on looks with their compliments. So, you may think the Illusion looks better, but that is debatable.

...and Titan is the strongest from all I have heard. It is solid as a rock on my boat.

Here ive got a recent picture with our bimini top on, incase you all are wondering, in the background that boat is a matrix, (australian wakeboarding boat) haha, most of u probs never seen 1

http://s874.photobuc...nt=IMGP3292.jpg

im getting speakers on it soon :)

I saw a Matrix while in Australia. Pretty cool looking boat. We were in a Lewis at the time (another Aussie boat). I had to roll my eyes because we were out boarding behind a little Lewis and saw a Malibu 247 ripping up the water towing a tube. Doh.gif I had to tell the crew that's not the norm for a Bu owner. Dontknow.gif The guy who owned the Lewis emailed me a couple weeks ago excited to tell me he bought a Response. He's loves his new Bu! Rockon.gif

I love my Titan 3. I get complimented on it all the time by people that dont know anything about boats. I am guessing that they are going completely on looks with their compliments. So, you may think the Illusion looks better, but that is debatable.

...and Titan is the strongest from all I have heard. It is solid as a rock on my boat.

My tower could be made of diamonds or tissue paper, as long as it holds up. The debates about what looks better and what is stronger are a little silly. My illusion tower could be half as strong as your titan tower, but I am not pulling water skiing elephants and I haven't had any issues yet. some people talk about how the illusion tower gives you a better view, but honestly I didn't really notice the tower blocking my view on my last boat without an illusion tower. also, it only matters what YOU think looks better on YOUR boat. I guess it is just a matter of what you like and what is in your budget. One thing I have noticed though is that people that have a Titan tower generally are very happy and people with Illusion towers generally are very happy.