Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Questions on Sky Skiing

LS-One

I spent all last week on the houseboat, and thanks to Mike00lxi, I used his sky ski all week on some very pristine water. I am now comfortable on the foil and can cross wake to wake with ease. I guess the next step is to start trying some tricks.

Can a back flip be performed without the use of the wake for extra pop ?

When attempting a back flip should I keep both hands on the handle or just one?

Any tips are welcomed. Rockon.gif

Are you jumping AND landing the foil yet? It's a BIG step in landing and control of air tricks.

Yes you can let go of one hand for the gainer but keep the handle in you lap so the rope won't pull you off axis.

See the tutorials at www.foilfreaks.com

I second that, make sure you are very solid jumping in the flats and acrossed the wake before starting to get inverted. Try jumping at about 18 to 20 MPH and learn to dip and pop the foil, you can get a lot of air at this speed if your technic is right.

Learning to jump big will make inverts less painful in the long run. :)

Check this out.

http://www.foilfreaks.com/Tutorials/FlatsT...atsTakeOff1.htm

OK so I am not as ready as I origianlly thought :( Thanks for the tips I am reading up on the foilers website an I will continue to practice.

Wakegirl not a very good anology on the Ford versus Ferrari, I have a friend who owns a Ferrari and according to him the joke amongst Ferrari owners is if you own one, you must own two. (one for parts) :lol:

Mike's sky ski was stock. (Pro ST?) The rear wing on sky skis have a curved down leading edge which must provide most of the lift. That and the large front wing. I think some people shim the rear wing to give it negative lift.

Suspended seat made a huge difference in my landings.

Rideability was much better than my air chair. All this was noticeable now that I have much more experience riding my chair.