Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

battery maintenance

In a wet cell battery, what should the distance be from the top of the fluid to the top of the battery? Mine vary and I was going to level them out with distilled water but don't to overfill any.

Thanks

In a wet cell battery, what should the distance be from the top of the fluid to the top of the battery? Mine vary and I was going to level them out with distilled water but don't to overfill any.

Thanks

Half an inch from top is generally good but most important is to make sure the plates are covered.

Edited by ruffdawg

Most have a little lip that hangs down towards the bottom. Bring distilled water up til it touches bottom of that. It is hard to see sometime. Use a flashlight to look in hole. As mentioned, approximately a half inch from top.

As dog said, the important thing is that there is water over and above the plates inside. To you, they might look like an all cardboard sandwich sticking straight up and down. You def. don't want to over fill those cells.