Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wedge problem?

warsetter2010

Hello everyone I hope you all are doing well. I have a 2010 23 lsv and we were riding about 6 days ago. The auto wedge was working fine until we tried to bring it up at the end of the day. It was stuck in the down postion. I tried to recalibrate it, checked the fly wheel and there is no physical damage to the wedge, cylinders or the wires. When I push the up, down, or deploy buttons they light up but I don't hear anything. Normally you can hear the cylinders actuating. If you have ever had this problem please let me know. The nearest dealer for me is 2 1/2 hours away.

Thanks

Hello everyone I hope you all are doing well. I have a 2010 23 lsv and we were riding about 6 days ago. The auto wedge was working fine until we tried to bring it up at the end of the day. It was stuck in the down postion. I tried to recalibrate it, checked the fly wheel and there is no physical damage to the wedge, cylinders or the wires. When I push the up, down, or deploy buttons they light up but I don't hear anything. Normally you can hear the cylinders actuating. If you have ever had this problem please let me know. The nearest dealer for me is 2 1/2 hours away.

Thanks

Can we assume you were in gear and the speedo was regestering some type of speed?

yea definitely. Speed was working fine.

This post isn't quite clear, our power wedge will not go up unless the boat is in gear moving atleast 1 or 2 mph.. So does the "speed worked fine" mean you tried raising while underway or you had no speed control issues?

Sorry I was not clear. The speed control was working fine. I had the boat in idle and tried to raise the wedge and it did nothing. The speedo was set for 24.6 and when I took off the cruise control worked.

Anyone know how much damage you would do to your boat if you left the wedge down and drove fast? I am not sure if you can do it with a power wedge or not, but I have a floating wedge.

Not that I know first hand but you'll get porposing up and down after about 25mph.

Whistling.gif

Sure ya don't... You had a friend that did it once, right?

'Course, I've never done it either... Innocent.gif

Crazy.gif

From this it is not clear that the boat was moving when you tried to get the wedge up ...

BB

Sorry I was not clear. The speed control was working fine. I had the boat in idle and tried to raise the wedge and it did nothing. The speedo was set for 24.6 and when I took off the cruise control worked.

Warsetter, what they are trying to say is the power wedge will not move up if the boat is not moving forward, meaning tranny in forward and boat travelling a few miles per hour. Sounds like you tried in idle; this is a safety feature so that someones limb does not get cut off when the wedge moves up.

I left the wedge down and there was an alarm that went off probably around 25 MPH warning to raise the wedge; probably so the transom doesn't rip off, or the wedge being ripped off the back of the boat.

I had the boat in idle and tried to raise the wedge and it did nothing.

Sounds like you were not in gear when you tried to put the wedge up, like others have said you need to be in gear and moving forward for the wedge to come up.

Terry

Have you checked the fuse?? There should be a small black button on top of the fuse that needs to be reset.

I second what mickm asks. My 08 23LSV had the same thing happen last outing this year. I looked

at the breakers but didn't see one popped out. When I took it in for winterizing that week, they

said that it's sometimes difficult to tell if they're popped out, but that they found my breaker had

tripped. All they needed to do was push the button to reset. Hope that's it - I was worried about

fried actuators, but it's all under warranty anyway.

The fuse for the wedge that I saw was blue and had no sign of being tripped (you can't tell b/c its not transparent like the rest), but it did have a tiny black button on the end. Is that what you are referring to? I have not even messed with that but I am going to try right now. Thanks for the tips guys

The fuse for the wedge that I saw was blue and had no sign of being tripped (you can't tell b/c its not transparent like the rest), but it did have a tiny black button on the end. Is that what you are referring to? I have not even messed with that but I am going to try right now. Thanks for the tips guys

You might not even need to be doing all this fuse checking!! If you were just idling when you tried to raise it then that is why it did not work, you must be in gear moving several mph in order for it to be raised and stowed!

Like stated earlier, it's a safety feature so that it won't be raised accidentally while people might be lounging/swimming by the wedge/swim platform..

Here is an earlier post w/ pictures of the wedge fuse box.