Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cold Water skiing

areamike

I'm always afraid you're going to forget to duck going under that bridge (I find myself ducking just watching it). Looks pretty bright there....must have been taken after 10am...what w/ DST and all.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• areamike

• Malibudude

• NorCaliBu

• davemac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Atta boy, Mike! I'd have loved to be a third idiot out there too! I do like the crab position after dropping - feet and hands poking out of the water, holding motionless waiting for the boat to come back. Been there, hope to be there again soon!

Cruise on down. We can always use a third. I'm in Monticello, IN. Prolly not too far from you.

I'm always afraid you're going to forget to duck going under that bridge (I find myself ducking just watching it). Looks pretty bright there....must have been taken after 10am...what w/ DST and all.

DST ugh. Yeah that run was at about 8:30am. Technically it would be 7:30am with no DST. Oh and yep, I didn't have to duck that time. As long as you go in between the beams you're fine... :crazy:

Nice run, Mike. Great water, daylight & all. :biggrin:

Complainin again, huh.... even at the end of the rope. :rofl:

Heck I was pretty much complaining the whole time.

Nice run, and a pretty good distance for early in the year. I liked the butt slide around the corner near the end. Anyone that thinks tubing can be exciting should just try that once!

Edited by BillFooter

Nice run, and a pretty good distance for early in the year. :rockon:I liked the butt slide around the corner near the end. Anyone that thinks tubing can be exciting should just try that once!

Yep, that'll make you pucker up a little bit . Nothing like hitting over 50mph with nothing between you and the water except about 30mm of neoprene.

Here's the second run with butt slide at the end and flip.

P.S. The reason I sit down in the middle of the run is we have a rule. If the driver sees any substantial debris he slows down and that is the footers que to sit down and either let go or ride it out on their butt. Once through, the driver speeds back up and back to footin. You can't really see it from the video but there was a ton of debris in that little area.