Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hope?

UWSkier

While my dad had the VLX in for its annual maintenance this year, there were 3 separate individuals who offered to buy the boat from him. This got him thinking about an '06, but Malibu no longer makes a boat that fills our needs... or do they?

Our dealer mentioned that he thought we could order a Vride with the diamond hull. Anyone else heard this? Our boat gets a ton of usage, probably 80% slalom these days, but it's also an entertainment platform for family and friends. The V drive is the only way to go in this regard.

If this is true, you can probably also order a ride XTi or iRide with the Diamond hull as well. Good news for those of us who like the SV23Diamond on larger boats!

Check the thread on Idahows boat on order. I believe he ordered a new v-drive with the diamond hull. He had been wanting me to sell him my '01 Sunsetter VLX. I too like the versatility of the diamond hull with the v-drive configuration, especially now that the family is doing more slalom skiing.

I saw somebody's picture of their slalom wake on a '05 21lsv, and it looked really good. I ski behind a '0421lsv quite often, and I swear that the '05 wake looked better. I dunno? Worth a try, though, thats for sure. But stay away from the 205V...cuz it's a pretty good boat!

While my dad had the VLX in for its annual maintenance this year, there were 3 separate individuals who offered to buy the boat from him.  This got him thinking about an '06, but Malibu no longer makes a boat that fills our needs... or do they?

Our dealer mentioned that he thought we could order a Vride with the diamond hull.  Anyone else heard this?  Our boat gets a ton of usage, probably 80% slalom these days, but it's also an entertainment platform for family and friends.  The V drive is the only way to go in this regard.

If this is true, you can probably also order a ride XTi or iRide with the Diamond hull as well.  Good news for those of us who like the SV23Diamond on larger boats!

Now that's a very good question. If it's true, then people could get their pre-'05 SLXI (Classic) that they reallly want. Same thing goes if you can order the V-Ride on a Diamond Hull.

I saw somebody's picture of their slalom wake on a '05 21lsv, and it looked really good.  I ski behind a '0421lsv quite often, and I swear that the '05 wake looked better.  I dunno?  Worth a try, though, thats for sure.  But stay away from the 205V...cuz it's a pretty good boat!

I'm kicking myself for not taking a set behind FijiRob's 21LSV when I had the chance. I saw the picture of Nick skiing behind it too and thought it looked really nice. Everything I've read on the 'net (so it must be true, right? Crazy.gif ) posted by people who've skied them both say the '04 and older skis better. If the '05 really is better, the engineers at Malibu should be investigated for participation in the black arts to make a boat THAT big have a better wake than its predecessor...

Wow, interesting question. I read that and thought that if Malibu doesn't than who does? I always think of Malibu as the "we have the boat for you" people. I'm sure there is something there.

Right now, it'd be Nautique with their slalom-friendly V drive. We spend a lot of time with a lot of people on our boat when we aren't skiing. When we are skiing, it's most likely slalom, so we need the best blend of space, comfort, and performance. Our '01 has literally been the perfect boat...

Wow, interesting question. I read that and thought that if Malibu doesn't than who does? I always think of Malibu as the "we have the boat for you" people. I'm sure there is something there.

Right now, it'd be Nautique with their slalom-friendly V drive. We spend a lot of time with a lot of people on our boat when we aren't skiing. When we are skiing, it's most likely slalom, so we need the best blend of space, comfort, and performance. Our '01 has literally been the perfect boat...

You mean the SV-211? Have you skied behind that?

While my dad had the VLX in for its annual maintenance this year, there were 3 separate individuals who offered to buy the boat from him.  This got him thinking about an '06, but Malibu no longer makes a boat that fills our needs... or do they?

Our dealer mentioned that he thought we could order a Vride with the diamond hull.  Anyone else heard this?  Our boat gets a ton of usage, probably 80% slalom these days, but it's also an entertainment platform for family and friends.  The V drive is the only way to go in this regard.

If this is true, you can probably also order a ride XTi or iRide with the Diamond hull as well.  Good news for those of us who like the SV23Diamond on larger boats!

Now that's a very good question. If it's true, then people could get their pre-'05 SLXI (Classic) that they reallly want. Same thing goes if you can order the V-Ride on a Diamond Hull.

Drool.gifDrool.gif if that's true...wonder what updates would be included?

This all sounds good, but I'd think they'd have to identify these boats in some way. Mixing and matching hulls could make future used boat shopping a nightmare.

Now that's a very good question.  If it's true, then people could get their pre-'05 SLXI (Classic) that they reallly want.  Same thing goes if you can order the V-Ride on a Diamond Hull.

Not exactly... the iRide, vRide, and pre-'05 21XTi are all the same basic 21' design. The SSLXI was a different hull. You won't be able to get a SSLXI classic, but you might be able to get a Sunsetter classic with a diamond hull...

Now that's a very good question.  If it's true, then people could get their pre-'05 SLXI (Classic) that they reallly want.  Same thing goes if you can order the V-Ride on a Diamond Hull.

Not exactly... the iRide, vRide, and pre-'05 21XTi are all the same basic 21' design. The SSLXI was a different hull. You won't be able to get a SSLXI classic, but you might be able to get a Sunsetter classic with a diamond hull...

You're right, it's actually a smaller boat. But that would translate to ski wakes at least as good as the Classic, don't you think?

Tom,

You're right, that could get very confusing.

Matt,

I take it you find the Sunscape 21 unacceptable?  Have you skied it?

I can't comment on the new one as I've never skied it. The pictures from FijiRob's look nice, but pictures don't often translate to actual experience. I base my opinions of the new hull versus the old off of Edwin's review. The dealer I just talked to on the phone said a lot of people were liking the new SSLXi better than the old one for slalom. I found that hard to believe but didn't say anything about it...