Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Thinking about a a new interior and gel coat scheme

kaiasdad

I wanted to get some opinions and some facts about interior restorations and gel coat options. My idea was to get all new skins and new carpet in my 93 euro skier and maybe upgrade the gel coat scheme to to something more this decade. I wanted to merely change the colors from teal and pink to a black and red with gray accents throughout. I'm not looking to spend a whole lot but a new interior and paint scheme can go a long way with an old boat and i want to get it done before the season starts. What should I be looking for and what should I expect?

I had my whole interior (Echelon LX) done by a local upholsterer. The pricing varied from over $3500 to $1250 including labor. So do a lot of homework on it, check Craig's list, post an ad, etc. before going with an upholsterer if you decide the local route. Another idea would be to contact Chee from Malibu (do a search for his #), I'm sure he could provide custom colors and then you doing the labor would save $ too.

My gelcoat was horribly faded so I was getting ready to paint it. But it sanded & buffed out well, so I decided to keep the same color. Do a search on wraps, there are some incredible things that can be done with vinyl wraps. I saw a couple of cars a few weeks ago that were pretty slick, vinyl wrapped. If I were to change colors I'd go with a wrap, and not paint.

Good luck, and post some pics!

I had my whole interior (Echelon LX) done by a local upholsterer. The pricing varied from over $3500 to $1250 including labor. So do a lot of homework on it, check Craig's list, post an ad, etc. before going with an upholsterer if you decide the local route. Another idea would be to contact Chee from Malibu (do a search for his #), I'm sure he could provide custom colors and then you doing the labor would save $ too.

My gelcoat was horribly faded so I was getting ready to paint it. But it sanded & buffed out well, so I decided to keep the same color. Do a search on wraps, there are some incredible things that can be done with vinyl wraps. I saw a couple of cars a few weeks ago that were pretty slick, vinyl wrapped. If I were to change colors I'd go with a wrap, and not paint.

Good luck, and post some pics!

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been looking into the boat wraps and so far it seems in the LA market most printing companies are looking to do more commercial work rather than individual boats. If there is anyone that has done a boat wrap let me know. I got a pretty good quote for the interior from a local guy between 1500-2000.00. I'm still going to get some quotes on new gel coats schemes, fortunately for you the colors on you echelon work for any decade but I NEED to change out the teal and pink if I'm going to justify giving my boat a facelift. Your boat definitely is impressive and I'm hoping I'll get as good of a result. And yes the pics will be posted for sure.