Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Plumbing-in additional ballast

ds53652

I was just curious, are there dealers or 3rd party companies who do this kind of stuff for a fee? My local dealer will not add/plumb in any additional ballast. I've been reading all of the DIY post in this section and I could probably do it, but was just wondering outside of DIY, are there companies that plumb in additional ballast as a service.

Thanks in advance

I assume your dealer is Waterski America, I see you live right down the road from me? I actualey had a conversation with them last week about what they could do. The told me they could add pumps, switches whatever I wanted. Ask for John.

Brian, thnx for the info. Yep, I'm dealing w/ WaterSki America as well. Huh, the conversation I had was with a sales guy. I'll speak to John or Tony in service and see what they say.

I'm curious what type of setup you were considering having them do? I really like the idea of the piggyback system because it all operates from the same factory system/switches/buttons, etc.

Thanks again Brian!

I assume your dealer is Waterski America, I see you live right down the road from me? I actualey had a conversation with them last week about what they could do. The told me they could add pumps, switches whatever I wanted. Ask for John.

I’ve been doing a little online research for a little bit trying to decide what I’m going to do. I thought I was settled on Wakemakers.com piggyback kit, but after getting some mixed feedback on their customer service, I’ve been rethinking going that route.

I was dropping my boat off last week for some off season warranty work and inquired on what they would recommend. I was told they have added two fill pumps, two empty pumps and switches on other customers boats. This would include adding fill and empty ports on the boat. I liked the idea, but would cost a little more than I was looking to go for.

I think I’m back to going with the Wakemakers.com kit. It’s relatively inexpensive, and should be simple to install. I’m sure I could just order the parts separately from another vendor, but I like the idea of ordering one kit that will contain everything I need to add Fly High sacs into the rear lockers. I’ll likely plumb in the Fly High V Drive sacs.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Brian,

No, not yet. Actually I just picked up the boat (for the first time) this past Saturday.

What did you end up going with if you don't mind me asking?

Roger

DS,

Did you ever get your ballast addition figured out? I plumbed mine last week, and it went well.

For what it's worth Wakemakers provided great service prior to and after ordering our ballast kit for vride. Happy with the product and service overall.

I did go with the Wakemakers system, with a few modifications to make it more to my liking. It was relatively easy to install. I haven't gotten it out on the water to test yet, but looks like it should work.

If your still looking to add some weight to yours, you’re more than welcome to come take a look at my set up.

For what it's worth Wakemakers provided great service prior to and after ordering our ballast kit for vride. Happy with the product and service overall.

Hey snowrider. Did you add bow ballast? Or did you do something else to your existing system? I'm planning on doing some modification to my bow for some ballast up there I just want to get some ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey snowrider. Did you add bow ballast? Or did you do something else to your existing system? I'm planning on doing some modification to my bow for some ballast up there I just want to get some ideas.

Jason at wake maker.com is very helpful. He helped me design my system for my vride.