Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Alliance Wakeboard Mag

JasonK

Just got the Mag. Tons of gear. Reading about the boats they have, one stands out from the crowd as far as internal ballast. Would anyone like to guess the maker or the model?

I'll reveal the answer before i leave work at 5.

Nope, Enzos only have 1,600 lbs.

Really, I'm wondering if what I read is a misprint. The boat has more ballast than the boat weighs dry.

I should also add that not every boat is in there, so there may be one with more.

Anybody want to know how much a certain boat has? I've got the mag in front of me.

Epic 23V has 4,000 lbs. internal ballast. OMG

The 8.1 is the standard engine.

So who's been behind one of these? Anyone?

Calabrias listed (2) have 750 lbs. or 1,100 lbs.

The Axis is the only one listed that has optional ballast. 900 standard, 1,300 optional.

The Supra launch 24V worlds ed. has the next most with 1,950.

Epic 23V has 4,000 lbs. internal ballast. OMG

The 8.1 is the standard engine.

So who's been behind one of these? Anyone?

Calabrias listed (2) have 750 lbs. or 1,100 lbs.

The Axis is the only one listed that has optional ballast. 900 standard, 1,300 optional.

The Supra launch 24V worlds ed. has the next most with 1,950.

2 tons of ballast stock. Holy crap. That is a bunch of water!

Has anyone been in/behind an Epic? I have a friend who has been talking about an Epic and he has asked me about them, but I don't know anymore than the generic boat reviews say in magazines. He likes the price point and the transom speakers and 4000# ballast. I have to agree that all those things are appealing, but I don't know anything about the wake or other aspects about the boat. It doesn't matter how much ballast the boat has if it doesn't produce a nice wake. I've been in some boats that get too much weight in them and the wake starts to get a lip or washes out at the peak. My 23 LSV on the other hand only gets better w/ more weight.

I'd love to ride behind one to see what it's like. I've watched a few videos on it and the wake does look pretty nice. With 4k of ballast you should be able to make something decent!

The only thing that bugs me is how square the transom looks with the stereo in it. The Bu's just look much more refined out back.

yeee ive been behind an epic,

the wake is too big IMO, im 6'4 and its about waist high on me, you reall have to charge it hard to get the distance across the wake.

the wake is very steep, so to get that distance across the wake was a bit hard at first, but other than that its so much fun

and they come fully optioned up, only option is the boat cover, bimini and swing away tounge for the trailer

we found that you have to put the wake plate down a fair bit to make it bearable, such a nice boat!!!!!!!!!!, and the 8.1 litre has no trouble getting the 4000pds of ballast to 24 mph, you also have to ride a bit faster

Got looking at the Epics and they do kinda have some cool features on em. Curious how that twin rudder steering is verses a single how most of the others are. I also like the fact that the speakers and what not are in the rear so your not deafening the people sitting in the boat. If they could just do something to make it look ANY better then it does. It looks like crap. Should've invested just as much into looks as they did into the new technology and layout.

Has anyone heard any info on the Epic 23E?? Supposed to be a Hybrid, not even sure if it's out yet. Sounds pretty dope tho. Might be the way here in a few years? Anything that can save on gas as long as it's still got the power for the hole shot.

I have ridden the epic. It wasnt a bad wake but I think it could have been setup a bit better (IMHO, it was also pretty choppy the day I rode it AND I was not in "wakeboard shape"). I would like to ride behind it again with full factory weight an a pro-x nose sac (1100 lbs). That might get me excited Dontknow.gif