Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Minneapolis Boat Show

MN_LSV

Went to the boat show tonight and met MN Viking Jared Allen hanging out with everyone at the Minnesota Inboard Malibu area. Jared said he doesn't really wakeboard, but likes to hang out on the water in the Bu!

Not sure what I think about the new towers. They look pretty nice up, but wires pretty exposed when it is folded down. Still way better looking than the MC lightning bolt!

Went to the boat show tonight and met MN Viking Jared Allen hanging out with everyone at the Minnesota Inboard Malibu area. Jared said he doesn't really wakeboard, but likes to hang out on the water in the Bu!

Not sure what I think about the new towers. They look pretty nice up, but wires pretty exposed when it is folded down. Still way better looking than the MC lightning bolt!

photo.jpg

i was at the booth on wednesday night (first night of the show) and the MN inboard booth was really nice. (as always).

the blue and white VTX is a really sharp boat.

the VLX had a fighting sioux color scheme going on! kinda kewl.

....i joked to my brother that it would be funny if #69 was there....i figured they were already down in the 'big easy'.

i really like how MN inboard pulls the driveshafts out and gets the boats down on the ground.....lots of people in and out of the v-drives.

i wish the bu dealers (at the boat shows) would have a 1990 skier, a 2000 sporty and a 2010 response all side by side. it would be cool to see the changes and technology progression....just a thought.

the mastercraft booth (being right next the malibu booth) was kinda intersting.

the interiors of the mastercraft just seem really chunky, blocky and like they are from the transformer movies.....i'm not into it. it's like they are trying to hard.

i like how much smoother and refined the interior of the malibu are.

we spent a fair amount of time in the 2010 nautique ski boat. climb under the hull and check it out-kewl. the interior on that one (nautique) didn't seem very smooth either. 53K for that baby.

later,

CR

The red Air Nautique 216 that was right inside the main door looked really small inside! Very cramped and full looking compaired to the Malibu's. IMO Bu's have the best interior by far!

Here is a video which offers a little more insight into the sort of fun guy that Jared Allen is:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4833852

GO VIKINGS!

Well he was wearing jeans last night, but not the cut of Wranglers!! If I see him out on the water this summer, I'll be hoping he is sporting board shorts......Well, if they win the Superbowl, I guess he can wear the "Daisy Dukes".