Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Deal or No Deal

Lacey Crew

Welcome to the Crew..

The wedge while the "fixed" wedge is good you can upgrade it to the floating wedge and it really improves the wake even more. Just sell the old wedge there are plenty of people who'd buy it. The XTI model depends upon how you intend to use it, with that said it'll be a good intermediate boat but not exceptional at skiing or boarding. Keep in mind a course skier or advanced boarder would pass on an XTI but for high end inboard for general purpose....good boat. It's got a nice classic color scheme, very cool. You can get the hull warranty transfered IIRC $275 or so, but being they are a Malibu dealer shouldn't have to charge that but I would get that changed over if you do purchase it. The hours are good for an '07, at 270hours it didn't sit, which is usually worse than boats w/ more hours. Looks like from the 4 pics to be in good shape.... Skiers Pier has a good reputation from all that I've heard and been posted on the board, make a fair deal you feel it's worth check other sites w/ boats for sale Boattrader & Only Inboards for example. The price though off the cuff doesn't seem out of touch w/ the current market.

The versatility of an xti is unbeatable, but the 21' xti's just look to cramped..... It also looks like that boat is missing the wedge and only has the plate.

The versatility of an xti is unbeatable, but the 21' xti's just look to cramped..... It also looks like that boat is missing the wedge and only has the plate.

That's a very arguable point the VTX on the diamond hull is a much better ski wake and being a V-drive much better in the wake department not to mention the underfloor ballast vs. much less in the XTI.

The XTI was an interesting boat. Jack of all trades, master of none. Weight it & it'll kick up a descent wake for any beginner or intermediate rider. Only the best wake snobs will have problems with it.

The interior kinda makes for room for 2 parties, ie; adults in front & kids in back? Plus the bow area. And the engine cover in the middle is kinda like the big kitchen island everyone gathers around all the time. I have several friends with one & we never hated being on it. Rockon.gif

That's actually part of my hold up on buying this. If it was the 23xti, I'd be fine with the seating configuration since there's pleanty of room to move around. Then again, it seems like a pretty good deal and for the price, maybe I should just put up with it. After all, we'll still have alot of fun with it and 9 times out of 10 it'll just be the 4 of us cruising around. The dealer said that he has a wedge that he would install on it but it would be a manual wedge. I do like the idea of it being a versitile boat, more or less a jack of all trades, esp. since I'm no where near a professional skier or a wakeboarder...We'd acutally like to get into wake surfing (I hear its low impact for us old people...)

Thank you for your input, I greatly appreciate it!

Welcome to the Crew..

The wedge while the "fixed" wedge is good you can upgrade it to the floating wedge and it really improves the wake even more. Just sell the old wedge there are plenty of people who'd buy it. The XTI model depends upon how you intend to use it, with that said it'll be a good intermediate boat but not exceptional at skiing or boarding. Keep in mind a course skier or advanced boarder would pass on an XTI but for high end inboard for general purpose....good boat. It's got a nice classic color scheme, very cool. You can get the hull warranty transfered IIRC $275 or so, but being they are a Malibu dealer shouldn't have to charge that but I would get that changed over if you do purchase it. The hours are good for an '07, at 270hours it didn't sit, which is usually worse than boats w/ more hours. Looks like from the 4 pics to be in good shape.... Skiers Pier has a good reputation from all that I've heard and been posted on the board, make a fair deal you feel it's worth check other sites w/ boats for sale Boattrader & Only Inboards for example. The price though off the cuff doesn't seem out of touch w/ the current market.

Thanks for the Welcome!

This seems like a great forum to get really good feedback from experienced Malibu owners!

Thanks for the tip on the floating wedge, all I new was that there was either a manual or power wedge... I'm ok with the boat being a decent intermediate boat, with our two kids (I mean budding professional wakeboarders :), I think it may be a good starting point. Which brings me to my other concern, in terms of retaining value, do you forsee the fact that its an xti as a limiting factor to those who might want to purchase it in the future should we decide to upgrade?

Thank you for all your advice!

Thanks for the Welcome!

This seems like a great forum to get really good feedback from experienced Malibu owners!

Thanks for the tip on the floating wedge, all I new was that there was either a manual or power wedge... I'm ok with the boat being a decent intermediate boat, with our two kids (I mean budding professional wakeboarders :), I think it may be a good starting point. Which brings me to my other concern, in terms of retaining value, do you forsee the fact that its an xti as a limiting factor to those who might want to purchase it in the future should we decide to upgrade?

Thank you for all your advice!

Being an XTI will limit your potential buyers drastically. Any V drive boat would be a safer purchase.....but thats just one persons opinion.

Being an XTI will limit your potential buyers drastically. Any V drive boat would be a safer purchase.....but thats just one persons opinion.

I was interested in those also when I was shopping, I thought I would like the seating but was surprised to hear it's performance was lacking in all aspects. I sat in a 21', way too cramped but a 23" would have fit the bill. I'm not so sure that price is all that great, with no options I would say it books for around $28-30k. Check out nadaguides.com and add the options to get an idea of what the price should be.

What do you guys think about this boat? It's an 07 wakesetter xti with 270 hours. It has a decent amount of options but its only a manual wedge -is that a big deal? -Never owned a malibu before but I'm looking foward to it! Let me know what you think! Thanks!

http://www.skierspier.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=05480921X1K21K2010J9I26I32JPMQ2900R0&veh=42771&pov=641977

If you want a direct drive boat, then I would say go for it. Make sure you test drive it and make sure the seating fits your needs. Test drive a V-Drive boat as well, for example a VTX since it will give similar charactieristics.

I have a floating wedge and I love it. It is easy to raise and lower it and it adjusts itself and gives a good amount of downforce.

For wake surfing though, I think you would want a V-drive since the weight in the back is much more beneficial, however I am not saying you can't weight down an xti enough to get a good surf wake, but it is not set up as ideally as a V-drive for wake surfing.

my 2 cents