Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 2008 Prices on VTX

ksdaoski

I believe there are supposed to be discounting going on, with the 09 and 08 new stock.

Looking specifically at the VTX, as I like the 20' length for easy garage parking, combined with a great wakeboarding layout.

Saw 2010s, with MSRPs of +$70k going for little less than $60k at the local boat show.

What's the expected going rate on the 08 and 09 stock?

Thanks

I believe there are supposed to be discounting going on, with the 09 and 08 new stock.

Looking specifically at the VTX, as I like the 20' length for easy garage parking, combined with a great wakeboarding layout.

Saw 2010s, with MSRPs of +$70k going for little less than $60k at the local boat show.

What's the expected going rate on the 08 and 09 stock?

Thanks

There are some pricing discussions if you search, although everyone will first ask for the specific model and specific options. I am going to take a wild stab and say a new 08 should be 20-25% off of list. A new '09 15-20% off. You may find that killer deal that is better. I would be happy in that range.YMMV.

Last year, a '08 VTX was sold for 43k from my dealer. Didn't have many options like bow ballast, maliview, etc. Loaded, I'd say low 50's.

Edited by k_b_stephens

I did spend about 25mins doing different searches, but didnt come up with much. Without knowing the exact phrases that were being used, you end up with 8+ pages using "paid", "pay", "cost", etc. But then nothing when a little more specific "how much did you pay"

43k on the low end, good place to start-

I didn't think the Malivue started until 09?

Edited by ksdaoski

I did spend about 25mins doing different searches, but didnt come up with much. Without knowing the exact phrases that were being used, you end up with 8+ pages using "paid", "pay", "cost", etc. But then nothing when a little more specific "how much did you pay"

It did, but '08s have the MUX switches and electronics to handle the upgrade. Malibu/dealers were offering it to try and get '08s out the door last year.

How much someone paid only gets you so far without a specific list of options to compare. Options can vary a MSRP by 15 or 20k easily, that's why I was suggesting % off of MSRP. Which, I was high on, I see Bakes has an 08 vtx for 30% off MSRP...

http://www.bakesmarine.com/2020Datashed/listings.asp?strPageSize=1&strCurrentPage=7&categoryID_list=3

How much someone paid only gets you so far without a specific list of options to compare. Options can vary a MSRP by 15 or 20k easily, that's why I was suggesting % off of MSRP. Which, I was high on, I see Bakes has an 08 vtx for 30% off MSRP...

http://www.bakesmarine.com/2020Datashed/listings.asp?strPageSize=1&strCurrentPage=7&categoryID_list=3

yeah I saw that one-

Also saw this guy, which is only about 50miles from my house: http://www.skipperbuds.com/Page.aspx/diid/1881744/list/InventoryList/pageId/9033/view/Details/inventory.aspx

Don't know if this helps.......I picked up my leftover '08 last spring for $60 000.00 canadian or roughly $53 000.00 US (dollar exchange at the time). The boat was the same colour scheme I had actually built on ispec a year earlier. It had a couple more options than I had originally wanted and crossed the border when the dollar was pretty close to par. More than I thought I would spend on a boat but worth every penny!

Options on my 2008 VTX

- under water led

- silent tip exhaust

- 340hp motor

- 2 wakeboard racks (staionary)

- shower

- full ballast including bow

- power wedge

- 6 tower lights

- 4 tower speakers

- 12" sub (I think it's a 12 - boats in storage)

I think that's all the extra options but I could be missing a couple.......I've seen a couple '08's for sale with more hours and less options than mine for the same price I paid last spring. Buying a leftover boat means that you don't take as big a hit on the depreciation in the first couple years. Hope this helped..............no better feeling than finally ending your boat buying search (mine took just under 3 years)

Cheers, Koop