Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

carb question

Does any one know what the stock carb on a 98 sportster should be?

Holley 4010, 750 CFM (Holley part number is: R75008-2)

The renew kit is HOL301445.

Cheers !

Holley 4010, 750 CFM (Holley part number is: R75008-2)

The renew kit is HOL301445.

Cheers !

thanks. Called Indmar, and they said it's a (600 cfm, dual feed, new model 4150) but have heard from the dealer its a 750 cfm. Dont know what to do now. If someone else has a sportster, and a factory carb, and they could tell me what they have it would be greatly appreciated...

thanks. Called Indmar, and they said it's a (600 cfm, dual feed, new model 4150) but have heard from the dealer its a 750 cfm. Dont know what to do now. If someone else has a sportster, and a factory carb, and they could tell me what they have it would be greatly appreciated...

Take a look at the front of your carb then check the list number on the right side of the chocke air horn.

Take a look at the front of your carb then check the list number on the right side of the chocke air horn.

I am the third owner of the boat, and somewhere along the line someone put a car carb on it. It has a 750cfm on it now, it doesnt run right, so I just wanted to get the stock carb for it.

I am the third owner of the boat, and somewhere along the line someone put a car carb on it. It has a 750cfm on it now, it doesnt run right, so I just wanted to get the stock carb for it.

I have the stock carb on my Sportser 1998: Holley 4010, 750 CFM (Holley part number is: R75008-2).

Did you have a chance to look at your carb number ?

I have the stock carb on my Sportser 1998: Holley 4010, 750 CFM (Holley part number is: R75008-2).

Did you have a chance to look at your carb number ?

Boat is in storage 30 min. away, but will check it out on saturday. Thanks for all your help. Just two more questions. Since the 4010 is old, is it possible that the newer replacement (4150) could be a 600? And do you have a wedge for your carb?

Boat is in storage 30 min. away, but will check it out on saturday. Thanks for all your help. Just two more questions. Since the 4010 is old, is it possible that the newer replacement (4150) could be a 600? And do you have a wedge for your carb?

No wedge, only the stock base gasket.

The following link has all the Holley carb model:

My link

You indicate an automotive carb has been installed. A couple of important points, there are differences between car and boat carburetors and you should marinize your carb for safety. Marine carbs incorporate anti-siphoning and different venting to prevent the potential of a fire. The marine vents ensure the vapors or fuel get vented in to the engine (and out the exhaust) vs. venting in to the engine compartment. There is also a fuel pump vent line to the carb that might not be intact. You should be able to get those components from Holley assuming that is the carb on your boat.