Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Newbie Question

Hey..I've always had responses and now I just bought a used 05 Wakesetter 21VLX

Question...it looks like the raw water intake goes first to the V Drive.

So..if I want to run it on the trailer I put water to the inlet side of the V Drive unit?

Also..I think I read somewhere not to put it in forward or reverse while running it on the

trailer. Is that right?

Thx!! John

Find the raw water intake under the hull, it'll be made of brass and hook up a fake-a-lake really no different than your old DD Response. The reason not to apply throttle is the amount of water just isn't at the same pressure as out on the lake.

Do not put it in drive out of the water becasue it will squeal like nothing you have ever heard, and if you do it too long you will start damaging things you do not want to damage.

It won't if properly lubricated, but that may be difficult to do on land. Why rev up the engine at all?

He never said anything about revving the motor on the trailer. He just asked about putting the boat in gear, dude.

Dalt,

You don't wanna put the boat in gear even if you have a water cooled shaft. You'll waste the cutlas bearing. Don't know what that is? It's inside the strut.

Just wondering. Didn't have any reason to do it. Is it the cutlas bearing that squeals or both the shaft seal and cutlas? Inquiring minds want to know. At least mine does.

Primarily the cutlass bearing. When dry it will squeal like a stuck pig getting emascualted while being given "special love" by the alpha pig.