Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Atlanta boat show observations

63Taylor

Still looking for a used 05-06 timeframe VLX or LSV but went to the Atlanta boat show this weekend. The new 2010's are sweet I have to say. I like the color schemes better than the last year or two. The new style tower is also very nice. First time I have seen the boats with the maliview video screen as well. The malibu dealership booth was more packed than any other on site and it a few boats had sold stickers so i think the interest may be picking back up a bit. They did have some champion wakeboarders that ride Malibus there with pictures and autographs as well. And they had an Axis boat there with the guy on all the Axis youtube clips dealers have with all the tatoos was there. There was a neat rail show there with guys doing all kinds of flips and tricks being pulled by a winch over water that was thigh deep at the most. Ballsy. I looked at the master crafts and although they are beautiful they are way more expensive it seemed. The Nautiques were a little closer in price, especially the air nautiques but I know very little about those boats I have mainly researched Malibus. They had the NADA on display that showed the Malibus vs all the competitors and they were tops in resale according to the chart. Sorry if this is not much info but I thought owners might be intersted to know it was definately the hot boat and hot booth at the show by a mile, which might be something you want to hear.

Edited by 63Taylor

Went to the Cincy boat show this past weekend. No Wake had their normal great display (although no Response Lxi this year Cry.gif ). I took a look at the new Ski Nautique skiboat. It is much better looking on the outside than the old 196, but the inside was terrible. The wood grain step pads are horrible. My wife thought (and I have to agree) that the inside looked cheap. MC was represented as well. I was hoping they would have a Prostar 197 there, but all they have was big v-drives. The interior of the MC's looked cheap compared to Malibu as well, but better than CC.

Overall, the show seemed to have less boats than in years past.

Hey 63Taylor....it's not quite in the year range that you're looking for, but I am selling my 2000 VLX for a great price - $24,900. The boat looks brand new and runs like it as well. Absolutely nothing wrong with this boat. I gave the information to Bryan to have at the Atlanta Boat Show for anyone looking for a great BU at a good price.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Here is the link to the craigslist page...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/1555368022.html

Pass along if you know of anyone interested.

Thanks.

Greg

770-310-9985

Edited by AtlantaWake

Hey 63Taylor....it's not quite in the year range that you're looking for, but I am selling my 2000 VLX for a great price - $24,900. The boat looks brand new and runs like it as well. Absolutely nothing wrong with this boat. I gave the information to Bryan to have at the Atlanta Boat Show for anyone looking for a great BU at a good price.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Here is the link to the craigslist page...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/1555368022.html

Pass along if you know of anyone interested.

Thanks.

Greg

770-310-9985

I had seen that one, I scour Craigslist, Only inboards and boattrader every other day. It is a very good looking boat and a good deal but there are some features I really like that start in 05 and I want sub 200 hrs and you know how it is once you start looking at one level it is hard to go back.

last weekend I hit up the portland boat show - ditto on the malibu booth/display - lots of activity some great boats - CC didn't even have a presence - MC had some great boats but very expensive... by and large malibu stole the show - factory reps were great to talk with - last fall I picked up an 08 V-ride and talked about a couple of warranty issues- when I got home Malibu had E-mailed me with some follow-up I certainly appreciate that.- overall the show was muted from years past due to the econnomy and all but it was worth the trip - I'm quite satisfied with the follow-up and my purchase - only disapointing part - too cold to ride....

I will need to wait till March 11 -14 to get to a good boat show.

Malibu, Skiers pier had the best display last year at the Detroit show. Thumbup.gif

I am skipping the Detroit show this year and going to the show in Novi. Detroit show has been going down hill for a lot of years now. Cry.gif

Hey, 63Taylor. Iwas at the ATL boat show last weekend as well. Atlanta Inboard had one of the best displays there, no doubt. There was a lot of activity going on over there. The overall boat show was smaller this year based on what I saw. I think there may have been fewer people as well. I wonder if the rain kept some people away.

I took the family to the ATL show on Sunday and while it was smaller than past years, it still was pretty good. The loss of the massive houseboats and sailboats was made up for by the rail jam.

MC had some great boats but very expensive...

I'm not sure what prices you were looking at, but if you think they were expensive in relation to BU prices, I will respectfully disagree. The new X-25 was $75K, the X-15 was $68k (yep $7k less than the VLX) the X-45 and X-Star were $79K. In comparison the Malibu VLX was $75K and the 23 LSV was $78K.

Edited by skurfer

I'm not sure what prices you were looking at, but if you think they were expensive in relation to BU prices, I will respectfully disagree. The new X-25 was $75K, the X-15 was $68k (yep $7k less than the VLX) the X-45 and X-Star were $79K. In comparison the Malibu VLX was $75K and the 23 LSV was $78K.

How was each boat equipped? I would bet the MC's had no options. I stopped by my local MC dealer that had an X-45 for $100K.

Went to the Cincy boat show this past weekend. No Wake had their normal great display (although no Response Lxi this year Cry.gif ). I took a look at the new Ski Nautique skiboat. It is much better looking on the outside than the old 196, but the inside was terrible. The wood grain step pads are horrible. My wife thought (and I have to agree) that the inside looked cheap. MC was represented as well. I was hoping they would have a Prostar 197 there, but all they have was big v-drives. The interior of the MC's looked cheap compared to Malibu as well, but better than CC.

Overall, the show seemed to have less boats than in years past.

Houston Boat Show had almost all 23 LSV's. Not a single Response.

Nautique had a new 200, man that's a sweet boat. Didn't have the faux wood grain pads so it looked good. If I had an extra $60k laying around I'd buy it in a second. Mastercraft had a good looking 197. Both the 200 and 197 had a lot of traffic, I think Malibu missed out on this one. Not that there is a lot of hard core ski boat buyers, but still...

Houston Boat Show had almost all 23 LSV's. Not a single Response.

Nautique had a new 200, man that's a sweet boat. Didn't have the faux wood grain pads so it looked good. If I had an extra $60k laying around I'd buy it in a second. Mastercraft had a good looking 197. Both the 200 and 197 had a lot of traffic, I think Malibu missed out on this one. Not that there is a lot of hard core ski boat buyers, but still...

Oh take your snob drool and go back to your little lake, thank your trusty Response for dragging you but through the course..... Tease2.gif

Oh take your snob drool and go back to your little lake, thank your trusty Response for dragging you but through the course..... Tease2.gif

:lol:

Unless a new boat can take another loop off the rope the '01 Response is just fine. Thanks for the comment fellow 'little lake' snob. Tongue.gif