Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu G3 Tower Mirror

spencer

Spencer, You work for Active right?? I think I spoke with you before....

Wait this wont work if you have the Bimini Top going under the bar....It must go over the front Hoop...Oh that's not good...will you be able to have it from the side???

Edited by Living the Dream

Spencer, You work for Active right?? I think I spoke with you before....

Wait this wont work if you have the Bimini Top going under the bar....It must go over the front Hoop...Oh that's not good...will you be able to have it from the side???

I do work for Active. It does work with the over the top bimini. The guys at Samson tested it this week. The under tower bimini is not on option on the G3 Tower. The clamps also look similar which is nice.

I do work for Active. It does work with the over the top bimini. The guys at Samson tested it this week. The under tower bimini is not on option on the G3 Tower. The clamps also look similar which is nice.

"The under tower bimini is not on option on the G3 Tower." please explain..thks

I guess then it depends on how far the bimini top goes out in front right..How long is the arm for the mirror? I guess maybe I just need to buy it and if does not work return it?? Is that possible??

Thanks Spencer

"The under tower bimini is not on option on the G3 Tower." please explain..thks

I guess then it depends on how far the bimini top goes out in front right..How long is the arm for the mirror? I guess maybe I just need to buy it and if does not work return it?? Is that possible??

Thanks Spencer

That is no problem. I will install one on a boat with the bimini top on and take a picture. Might not be until Monday.

You guys wouldn't happen to be going to the LA boat show in February. I am lookin at getting a mirror and smoe other things at this years show.

We are not but Paradise will be there.

That is no problem. I will install one on a boat with the bimini top on and take a picture. Might not be until Monday.

Hey Spencer, Any luck on the pic for the G3 tower with Bimini top on??

Thanks

Living the dream...I'm curious about this too. I'm considering going with a under the tower bimini from Towerbiminis but really like this mirror as well. I wonder if that was your 247 John/Towerbiminis.com sent me pics of.

Did you ever purchase it and try it out?

Hey Spencer, Any luck on the pic for the G3 tower with Bimini top on??

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Samson is making the mirror and arm for Malibu boats but it is not available from Samson direct. The two companies have a agreement that it will be available from Malibu and it's dealer network only.

The mirror also comes with a price increase, retail is now $485 for the mirror (more material, New clamp, different finish, etc) and will not be available in polished from Malibu. The mirror arm will have the black crinkle finish that the G3 tower has like in this photo. (I have better photos on the way of the black finish)

G3 Tower mirror @ Bake's Online

-Paul

post-4023-12657520738318_thumb.jpg

Samson is making the mirror and arm for Malibu boats but it is not available from Samson direct. The two companies have a agreement that it will be available from Malibu and it's dealer network only.

The mirror also comes with a price increase, retail is now $485 for the mirror (more material, New clamp, different finish, etc) and will not be available in polished from Malibu. The mirror arm will have the black crinkle finish that the G3 tower has like in this photo. (I have better photos on the way of the black finish)

-Paul

Yes but what if you have the Bimini top go under the front Hoop this Mirror will not work??????? My bimini is like 7 feet long on the 247 LSV 2010. I did not want the front to look like a Firemans Helmet......

Yes but what if you have the Bimini top go under the front Hoop this Mirror will not work??????? My bimini is like 7 feet long on the 247 LSV 2010. I did not want the front to look like a Firemans Helmet......

None of the Bimini tops on any of the Illusion x tower are designed to go under the tower. What you have is custom and is not for everybody (which sounds cool but most people want the head room to be more functional) but its not a factory accessory.

This tower mirror would still work with your Bimini if you wanted it to, just like how they cut holes for the pylon and tower anchor light, you could do the opposite and have the mirror drop down thru a hole in the canvas if you wanted to.

-Paul

Im 6'4 and don't have any issue with head room... Could you not attached it to the support on the right but then it would probably be a distraction? I have seen this on your website for like 295 or close to that....

Sorry this is not how you would have done it. Everybody has their own prerogative and taste how things are made and I guess the majority thought otherwise? Thanks for your opinions on it.

-Paul

Sorry this is not how you would have done it. Everybody has their own prerogative and taste how things are made and I guess the majority thought otherwise? Thanks for your opinions on it.

-Paul

Paul, No reason to get defensive I was just making a comment Dontknow.gif

Paul,

Are you saying the mirror and arm that pictures are posted of previously in this thread will no longer be available? Or is it just that Malibu has OEMd a similar Samson product with the crinkle black finish?

Thanks

-Paul

Paul, No reason to get defensive I was just making a comment Dontknow.gif

No worries. No defense, Just making a comment too so sorry if it came across as defensive.

Paul,

Are you saying the mirror and arm that pictures are posted of previously in this thread will no longer be available? Or is it just that Malibu has OEMd a similar Samson product with the crinkle black finish?

Thanks

Correct, the polished was a prototype and Malibu choose the black crinkle finish. Samson is under contract to build them for Malibu and part of the contract was that he can not sell the G3 tower mirror to the public or dealers, only to Malibu.

-Paul

that is really too bad. i personally am ok with the black crinkle finish on the tower (though, i bet it would look better in a different finish), but i think that the crinkle finish on the tower mirror looks a little out of place.

Agreed. Since it's attached to the non-black crinkly stuff, it does look out of place.

Paul, any way to get feedback back to Malibu about having a finish choice for this mirror?

that is really too bad. i personally am ok with the black crinkle finish on the tower (though, i bet it would look better in a different finish), but i think that the crinkle finish on the tower mirror looks a little out of place.

Thanks for the feedback, I did forward onto Malibu.

You need to see it in person to give a good vote, Personally between the two my vote would be for the black crinkle finish. It would be nice to have the polished option though.

I've seen G3 towers where people had the black crinkle powder coated (after market) to a color on the boat and it looked amazing. If that ever became a option to do a colored tower the black crinkle on the mirror would be a moot point then.

-Paul

-Paul

Could you just purchase a Samson tower Mirror arm that fits the G3 tower's tube diameter? Is the arm long enough? Could it be mounted from the top tube instead of the side tube? Will it work on the G3 mounted on the side of the tower? Dontknow.gif

How about purchasing an Illusion x tower arm and changing out the tower clamp to the appropriate tube size. Would this work?

The uninformed would like to know. Thanks Rockon.gif

Edited by cyoda44

Could you just purchase a Samson tower Mirror arm that fits the G3 tower's tube diameter? Is the arm long enough? Could it be mounted from the top tube instead of the side tube? Will it work on the G3 mounted on the side of the tower? Dontknow.gif

The uninformed would like to know. Thanks Rockon.gif

You could but it won't work. The G3 mirror arm is much longer, even longer than the IX and XS tower mirrors and it has it's own angle so it ends up in the right position over the windshield for the driver.

-Paul