Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu/Mastercraft/Bayliner??!!

Ndawg12

How did the service go Ndawg? I need to decide soon who I'm going to use for my service. Thanks

They still have my boat, I told them not to hurry on it (their storage is alot better than where I store it Biggrin.gif ) but so far so good. Dave (president) has been excellent about keeping me informed on Malibu's responses to the laundry list of warranty requests that I've asked of them.

They still have my boat, I told them not to hurry on it (their storage is alot better than where I store it Biggrin.gif ) but so far so good. Dave (president) has been excellent about keeping me informed on Malibu's responses to the laundry list of warranty requests that I've asked of them.

OK, I'm sure Dave and his staff will take care of your boat. Oh, I just saw this last week - don't let your boat get into the auction next month NPW Auction

Edited by thtrog

OK, I'm sure Dave and his staff will take care of you any your boat. Oh, I just saw this last week - don't let your boat get into the auction next month NPW Auction

Ha! yeah, it's an absolute auction, I talked with Dave about it. A few people are gonna score some killer deals that day, I might just stop by and check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! yeah, it's an absolute auction, I talked with Dave about it. A few people are gonna score some killer deals that day, I might just stop by and check it out.

Has anyone heard from Jeremy or got a number for him.

My bu dealer recently went belly up. A nearby Mastercraft dealer took in the Malibu line. I know of the stereotypical Mastercraft attitude from the owners and many dealers and I experienced it first hand a couple times. But I talked to a guy at my apparent new dealership and he seemed very knowledgeable, helpful, and eager to get the Malibu line rolling. So my question is are any of you in this same situation and what has been your overall experience? I've got warranty work coming up and I'll give them a try but if their customer service is stereotypical then I will drive another 80 miles to Greensboro.

Hey NDawg12. I have to say that it really doesn't matter about the line of products being sold as much as the people selling the product. I wont mention who my dealer is but I purchased my 2nd BU recently and have been so disappointed with them and the whole process. Although I feel like I've got an amazing price considering what I've seen for sale out there. I believe in service. I treat all my customers the same. No matter if its a customer that has spend 500k with me or 18million with me. It's all the same in my eyes. If I ever end up purchasing another BU in my day I will drive up to Wisconsin or St. Louis for my BU. Just my 2 cents. You talked about Mastercraft dealers being kind of snotty but then did someone walking in there start talking about how great Malibu is and weren't open minded to what MC had to offer. So many things can turn salespeople very defensive.

Hey NDawg12. I have to say that it really doesn't matter about the line of products being sold as much as the people selling the product. I wont mention who my dealer is but I purchased my 2nd BU recently and have been so disappointed with them and the whole process. Although I feel like I've got an amazing price considering what I've seen for sale out there. I believe in service. I treat all my customers the same. No matter if its a customer that has spend 500k with me or 18million with me. It's all the same in my eyes. If I ever end up purchasing another BU in my day I will drive up to Wisconsin or St. Louis for my BU. Just my 2 cents. You talked about Mastercraft dealers being kind of snotty but then did someone walking in there start talking about how great Malibu is and weren't open minded to what MC had to offer. So many things can turn salespeople very defensive.

I'm sure Wisconsin's 'Bu dealers would be happy to have you :beer:

I'm sure Wisconsin's 'Bu dealers would be happy to have you :beer:

My problem with Wisconsin dealers is they teach their kids to call us Illinois folks FIB's..lol It's just so wrong.