Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu/Mastercraft/Bayliner??!!

Ndawg12

My bu dealer recently went belly up. A nearby Mastercraft dealer took in the Malibu line. I know of the stereotypical Mastercraft attitude from the owners and many dealers and I experienced it first hand a couple times. But I talked to a guy at my apparent new dealership and he seemed very knowledgeable, helpful, and eager to get the Malibu line rolling. So my question is are any of you in this same situation and what has been your overall experience? I've got warranty work coming up and I'll give them a try but if their customer service is stereotypical then I will drive another 80 miles to Greensboro.

Who was your BU dealer? Was it Power Sports?? Bought my BU from Grandpa's, excellent service.

http://www.pscmalibu.com/

Yes, I was going to psc, they handled a few service and warrnty issues for me, I dealt with Jeremy, Scott, and Darryl and I had no complaints overall. Grandpa's is where I'll go if the new one doesn't work out.

I would say it all depends on the ownership at the dealer. Walking into the MC dealer in our area is JUST like walking into the Malibu dealer since they are the same dealer.... Biggrin.gif

So you're in the same....."boat"....as I am. So how's your experience been?

We are on High Rock Lake, so we're half-way in between the two dealers. I plan on visiting both dealerships and see who I feel more comfortable with my boat - the input here on Grandpa's helps too. I was told on Monday that North Point will be moving the MC inventory to Charlotte, but being so early that may have changed.

I bought my boat in July from PSC and only had it back there once, but from my experience the personal service there will be hard to replace. I really appreciate the support Scott gave to the NC INT over the past years. They will be missed....

Edited by thtrog

I love living near Waterski America. #1 in Malibu sales and service for years. I see their service techs on the water every weekend. The whole operation is second to none..which does nothing to help you, sorry.

I had a much better experience walking into the local Mastercraft dealership than I did when I walked into the Malibu dealership. At this scale it comes down to individual people. It is unfair to to the individual people within a dealership to lump them all into one basket based on some stereotype you may have.

So you're in the same....."boat"....as I am. So how's your experience been?

They have never seen my boat! Biggrin.gif I'm a DIY kind of guy. They were going to do the gelcoat repair on my boat, but I ended up doing it myself since they were really busy with winterizing boats. They were great to deal with though. They ordered the gelcoat through Spectrum and had it shipped to them. I picked it up there and saved a ton of $ compared to if I bought it straight from Spectrum. It turned out great and I learned how to repair gel. Thumbup.gif

My uncle has a 00' Sunsetter LXI that he bought new there and he has never complained about their service. If I ever get crazy and buy a new Bu I would head up there, but I'll would probably be after a used 5 year old Bu for our next ride. Who knows - I'll cross that bridge in 5 years. As far as the service goes I really think it depends on the people in the building, not the brand of boat they sell. IMHO.

Edited by martinarcher

I wonder if having both brands in the same dealership will have a negative impact on one of them compared to the other. I wonder if one brand will perform poorly compared to another, whether it be because of commision, quality, or some other factor.

Anyone that has a dealer that has carried both brands have any incite into how well the brands both due under the same roof?

Anyone that has a dealer that has carried both brands have any incite into how well the brands both due under the same roof?

Our local Malibu dealer just sold out to the MC dealer in our area. So they are both going to be under one roof. It just happened so we will see. Dontknow.gif They start boat shows in Feb here in KS, I will go and ck them out. I am needing some warranty work done and so far they have been OK to talk to on the phone.

Yes, I was going to psc, they handled a few service and warrnty issues for me, I dealt with Jeremy, Scott, and Darryl and I had no complaints overall. Grandpa's is where I'll go if the new one doesn't work out.

Sad to hear, I had a couple interactions with those guys, I had been looking at some used malibu's in that area and those guys took the time (multiple times)to go over the service records of those boats with me at no benefit to them. They were doing it to help their customers sell boats. They had a pretty well stocked pro shop when I was there last fall. ARe they having some kind of clearance sale?

Sad to hear, I had a couple interactions with those guys, I had been looking at some used malibu's in that area and those guys took the time (multiple times)to go over the service records of those boats with me at no benefit to them. They were doing it to help their customers sell boats. They had a pretty well stocked pro shop when I was there last fall. ARe they having some kind of clearance sale?

Good question, I have called twice during their normal business hours to no avail.

Are you saying Power Sports in Mooresville went under? I was just there not long ago. Wow, that sucks. I bought my Malibu at the dealer in Burlington and then they went out of business. I have been going to Mooresville the last few years. I have been by Grandpa's Marine a few times, but I have never had a boat serviced there. I think they carry Supra and Moomba as well.

Are you saying Power Sports in Mooresville went under? I was just there not long ago. Wow, that sucks. I bought my Malibu at the dealer in Burlington and then they went out of business. I have been going to Mooresville the last few years. I have been by Grandpa's Marine a few times, but I have never had a boat serviced there. I think they carry Supra and Moomba as well.

Yes that's what it looks like. Maybe you're bad luck, please stay away from Northpoint Biggrin.gif

Did you buy from Pro Marine? If so, they seem to be back in biz at the building off I85, but I think it's actually Grandpa's. At least someone is selling Malibus, 4-wheelers and RV's there.

My bu dealer recently went belly up. A nearby Mastercraft dealer took in the Malibu line. I know of the stereotypical Mastercraft attitude from the owners and many dealers and I experienced it first hand a couple times. But I talked to a guy at my apparent new dealership and he seemed very knowledgeable, helpful, and eager to get the Malibu line rolling. So my question is are any of you in this same situation and what has been your overall experience? I've got warranty work coming up and I'll give them a try but if their customer service is stereotypical then I will drive another 80 miles to Greensboro.

Our new Malibu dealer also sells Nautique, Calabria, MB Sports and Larson. Plus a couple patio boat lines.

They seem like a good dealer, but I've not had to deal with them on warantee issues or even in a sales environment.

Yes that's what it looks like. Maybe you're bad luck, please stay away from Northpoint Biggrin.gif

Are you sure, the one right off 77 at exit 36. I drove right by it yesterday going to test a boat and it looked open. THey still have multiple boats in the front parking lot and the showroom looked like it still had stuff in there.

Are you sure, the one right off 77 at exit 36. I drove right by it yesterday going to test a boat and it looked open. THey still have multiple boats in the front parking lot and the showroom looked like it still had stuff in there.

I wouldn't say it's right off of I77, it's down hwy 150 a few miles to the west. l have not been passed their so I can't say 100% sure, this is all based on what the Malibuboats website said, what the new dealer told me, and they haven't been aswering the phone.

Edited by Ndawg12
  • 2 weeks later...

Thought I would pass this letter along to the few who are in the area:

Hello Nate,

As many of you know, I have decided to close Powersportscenter LLC. Sad yes. Surprise no.

The economy and the lack of financing has finally taken its toll on me and my family. I will be officially out of my location within 10 days. I will miss you greatly but am looking foward to a new adventure. Jeremy (Dr. J) will be contacting you shortly and will be ready to service your boat in the near future.

For now, I have some pro shop goodies including boards, boots, board shorts, ropes and such that needs to find new homes. I will be in the store thru Saturday and am ready to sell all that is left. All items will sell at incredible prices. I can only accept cash. So, if there is anything you need or want come on by. I plan on being here tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10-4.

I will miss you greatly and hope you can come by in the next few days.

Thank you for all the business, friendship and referrals.

Scott Burks

Scott sent me the same letter. It really saddens me as PSC was a great dealership. They're part of the reason I decided to get a Malibu. Darryl, Jeremy, and Scott have always been great to me. No matter what I can/stopped by for. I do think them moving up to exit 36 from exit 28 contributed to their demise, but that's neither here nor there.

Where are the Charlotte-area Bu owner going to go for service now? I'm hoping Jeremy stays in the area and continues to service our Bu's....and others, I'm guessing.

Scott sent me the same letter. It really saddens me as PSC was a great dealership. They're part of the reason I decided to get a Malibu. Darryl, Jeremy, and Scott have always been great to me. No matter what I can/stopped by for. I do think them moving up to exit 36 from exit 28 contributed to their demise, but that's neither here nor there.

Where are the Charlotte-area Bu owner going to go for service now? I'm hoping Jeremy stays in the area and continues to service our Bu's....and others, I'm guessing.

Northpoint Marine off of hwy150 in the same area is the new dealer. I've had a good talk with them and am dropping my boat off tomorrow, so we'll see.

Edit: Sorry, they're actually called North Point Watersports

NPW

Edited by Ndawg12

Tell me more about the nearby mastercraft dealer taking on malibu... my bu is at power sports inc right now and I got the same e-mail from scott. No one has told me anything about what is going to happen now other than jeremy will be in touch... I see on malibu's main site it no longer shows a malibu dealer in the area...

J

• 3 weeks later...

Northpoint Marine off of hwy150 in the same area is the new dealer. I've had a good talk with them and am dropping my boat off tomorrow, so we'll see.

Edit: Sorry, they're actually called North Point Watersports

NPW

How did the service go Ndawg? I need to decide soon who I'm going to use for my service. Thanks