Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Options you can't live without

Wkerat

I noticed on mbo that people were always asking about the options so I figured we could list our favorites.

For me(no order):

Perfect Pass - I don't know how I survived without it

Board Racks - Without them I would have no room for anything

Carpet Insert - I like my boat to be immaculate and being able to take the carpet out helps a ton

Bimini - I went without one for years, but now like the shade and the protection from the elements since I have given lessons in the rain

Other options I like, but have or could live without:

Heater

stainless wedge upgrade

tower speakers

I am sure there are more but I can't think of them right now

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wkerat

• NorCaliBu

• whiteVLX

• SacRiverRat

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I noticed on mbo that people were always asking about the options so I figured we could list our favorites.

For me(no order):

Perfect Pass - I don't know how I survived without it

Board Racks - Without them I would have no room for anything

Carpet Insert - I like my boat to be immaculate and being able to take the carpet out helps a ton

Bimini - I went without one for years, but now like the shade and the protection from the elements since I have given lessons in the rain

Other options I like, but have or could live without:

Heater

stainless wedge upgrade

tower speakers

I am sure there are more but I can't think of them right now

I agree on the bimini. I use to think they were lame, but after a couple of summers under the Illusion X bimini, I'm a convert.

Here is my list, short and sweet.

1. Perfect Pass Pro - Couldn't live without it, lost all my speed control skills since first getting the option.

2. Heater. I love late evening skiing, which can be cool, especially early in the season. I still seem to do most of my skiing early spring and late fall, too busy in the summer, so the heater is great.

3. Tandem axle trailer. Love the way they trailer and love the look of the boat on them. Worth every extra second it takes to get the thing in the garage.

In order of importance (on a 2004 Sunsetter 23 XTI):

1. Inboard (The number 1 reason I abandoned my Sea Ray IO)

2. Perfect Pass (Makes driving [ and being driven MUCH easier)

3. Tower (An extended pylon would be ALMOST as good-see below)

4. Hydrofoil Rack (No more bruises and cuts from the damn foil. Getting

the SkySki or Air Chair out of the way has eliminated injuries)

5. Wedge (Much bigger wake for foiling and boarding)

6. Board Racks (Much less clutter!)

Jeff/AirChair1

1. Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro.

2. Built in Ballast

2. Tower

3. Board racks

4. Bimini

5. Depth Gauge

These are a must on any wakeboard boat.

The shower is one thing I could do without, Showers are designed bad. Have to be used with the motor running standing over the exhaust. :lightning:

The one and only thing I can't live without:

Heater

Without the heater, I don't have a driver until mid-June ;)

She doesn't really care about the rest...

Dave

I HAVE to have a hull, a motor, steering linkage, and fuel. All the rest makes the experience more pleasurable but isn't "necessary" (maybe it's just me). Think about it. If you didn't have PP would you stay home? No XM? "Count you out?"

Attention everyone - Michael is the self apointed needs police :salute:

Before you identify something you "need", be sure to get his approvial :notworthy:

... clearly we need to claify our questions better for Michael - and define the givens, and then beyond that what we really like to have aboard the boat.

Necessary

Heater, Bimini, Tower, WB racks, Wedge, boat buddy, retractable safety straps, pop up cleats, fuel air separator, low rpm y pipe, vinyl that doesn't stain!

Would be nice to have but definitely not necessary

Perfect Pass

Waste of money

Flushpro (at least in it's plastic leaky form)

Attention everyone - Michael is the self apointed needs police :salute:

Before you identify something you "need", be sure to get his approvial :notworthy:

... clearly we need to claify our questions better for Michael - and define the givens, and then beyond that what we really like to have aboard the boat.

:biteme:

That's the treatment I get in return for showing you the way??? :biteme: X 2!!

I dunno, Michael, I think he's got you on this one. But I'm trying to build up saying bad things about you so I can take them back next time you blast a slacker. ;)

insulated motor box

heater

heated seat

Oh, yeah, MONSOON!

Good call Vin, the monsoon is a great motor and I would not live without it...or, if i wanted a little more i would get the hammerhead (which i have in my vlx) since it is just a beast, but not neccessary.

I have trouble taking criticism from a guy who uses words like:

1)apointed

2)approvial

3)claify

I don't even know what those words mean.... :crazy:

As far as the original topic, my list of options I'd like is also my list of mod's needed/wanted. :(

1) Perfect Pass (before I teach the boy to drive)

2) 3rd tracking fin

3) Silent Riders (so I can hear myself think)

4) Wedge

oo, that reminded me...For a point of reference, the msst, and insulated motorbox and all that on the response lxi don't seem to make a huge difference imo. I was in one with all of that and one without any today and while the one was slightly quieter it was not worth the money...The owner lives on a very picky lake so I understand why, but for most they may not be worthwhile.

I think it does, too bad I can't seem to remember to use the spell check...Another good necessity that is not standard on all boats...the wedge

In no particular order:

Trailer

Tower

Bimini

Board racks

Factory ballast

Heater

Wedge (powered would be nice)

I haven't had the boat out to try Perfect Pass yet, but by the sounds of it I can add that to the list this year.

Nice call on the trailer.

I wish they had a power wedge as well. Last I heard they had one in the works but were worried about reliability, maybe they will have one next year (I can wish can't i, lol)