Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Safety Propeller

Chappy

That should be required for dive/snorkeling boats that go into areas with people (under the boat)in the water and endangered/threatened marine life. Otherwise, no thanks. It looks stupid too, unless you had a green boat.

Thats a great idea. He says it doesn't hurt performance, but common sense tells me otherwise.

Plus1.gif No kidding... there is a good reason why prop blades are sharp.

-Paul

my next door neighbour on the river has one of these props on his boat, its a labsport ventilator

only really hurt the performance by about 5 mph! and the boat did 105 mph flat out

labsport.jpg

I don't care if it's a block of wood , a piece of fabric or finely honed stainless steel......anything spinning at hundreds of rpm is going to cause a problem when it comes into contact somebody's thigh, ankle, leg or arm!

I don't care if it's a block of wood , a piece of fabric or finely honed stainless steel......anything spinning at hundreds of rpm is going to cause a problem when it comes into contact somebody's thigh, ankle, leg or arm!

Maybe, but why not try to make it as safe as possible? Dontknow.gif

Car accidents can cause a lot of injuries too, but why not keep looking for safer solutions like seatbelts, ABS, and airbags?

Maybe, but why not try to make it as safe as possible? Dontknow.gif

Car accidents can cause a lot of injuries too, but why not keep looking for safer solutions like seatbelts, ABS, and airbags?

Exactly. This may not be the answer to making the prop as safe as possible, but it is a step in the right direction. Maybe someone else will take this design and modify it so it is safer and performs better. I like seeing things like this because it is progress.

Exactly. This may not be the answer to making the prop as safe as possible, but it is a step in the right direction. Maybe someone else will take this design and modify it so it is safer and performs better. I like seeing things like this because it is progress.

Here's the key to success on this one: Make it a step up in safety plus increase speed and torgue plus allow us to back up to port, starboard or aft as we wish. There's a winner.

Here's the key to success on this one: Make it a step up in safety plus increase speed and torgue plus allow us to back up to port, starboard or aft as we wish. There's a winner.

Ya if only everything was perfect the first time