Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 Connelly F1

khaos

Is anyone planning to ride the 2010 F1 this summer?

Can't say as I like the looks of the new ENZO boot, but I've been fooled before. It looks more like an adjustable as opposed to a true high end, high feedback pro binding.

Thoughts?

I have not tried the 2010 F-1 But have skied some of the older ones.

I was about to order a new F-1 last year and tried the new D3 Z7 the rest is history. Love the D3 and am skiing better than ever. I use Wiley's hi wraps.

I know no help but I got to talk skiing. The lake is just to solid to do much else. Biggrin.gif

I did like the F-1 in rougher water and living on a public lake I was looking at the F-1 quite hard. It also is a very nice ski for the money.

I was on a Goode 9500 before I picked up my D3 F7

Also my skiing is at 36mph most of the time but do run some 34mph.

I have not tried the 2010 F-1 But have skied some of the older ones.

I was about to order a new F-1 last year and tried the new D3 Z7 the rest is history. Love the D3 and am skiing better than ever. I use Wiley's hi wraps.

I know no help but I got to talk skiing. The lake is just to solid to do much else. Biggrin.gif

No, that helps. I have ridden older versions of the F1 and have to say you hit its best feature right on the head. Its a chop slasher. Can't think of anything I'd rather be riding when the wind is howling.

So you're on the Z7 and wearing Wiley's....what other bindings have you been in or has it been a lifelong relationship with Wiley rubbers?

No, that helps. I have ridden older versions of the F1 and have to say you hit its best feature right on the head. Its a chop slasher. Can't think of anything I'd rather be riding when the wind is howling.

So you're on the Z7 and wearing Wiley's....what other bindings have you been in or has it been a lifelong relationship with Wiley rubbers?

Wiley's since way back then HO hiwraps

I gave a look at the RS-1 but stayed with Wileys. I doubt that the bindings or the ski for that matter are stooping me from doing my best ROFL.gif

I just like the feeling of going the other way than my ski if I crash big time.

I think the D3 is much more friendly in chop than the old Goode.

I looked very hard at the R1 also but just don't think it was as forgiving. I believe its a new ski this year.

I'll contribute my $.02, but it may be worth less than that. I'm on a 2008 F1 with double Draft's, though I had to think long and hard before making the jump from RTP to double boots, on account of sacrificing shore-hopping for a deep water start every time. Now that I'm here, I wouldn't go back.

When you say you've ridden older versions of the F1, it makes a big difference how old you are talking. I've been on an F1 since 2002, and at times on those early F1's it felt like a struggle to stay on top of them. Definitely squirrelly. Connelly made a big step in the right direction with the 2007 model. If you haven't been on one that new, I'd suggest perhaps giving them another spin. The jerkiness of the earlier models has been dramatically smoothed, without any sacrifice in response. They'll still turn on a dime, but now they'll leave you with change. It's not just hype when they say this stick is skier friendly at 36 mph.

Chop slashing is still consistent. I had to take mine out behind a friend's I/O last year, just to prove that it is possible to ski the whitecaps. Not fun, but possible.

...this stick is skier friendly at 36 mph.

Chop slashing is still consistent. I had to take mine out behind a friend's I/O last year, just to prove that it is possible to ski the whitecaps. Not fun, but possible.

Gotta love the I/O. Good on ya dude, taking one for the team.

Would you say the modern F1 is a 36mph ski?

This is easily a 36 mph ski. When we go on dawn patrol, that's where I set PP. Completely comfortable and under control. I back it off if I'm competing with a lake full of tubers, but that's as much for the 'Bu as it is for me. I've actually had the ski up to 39-40 mph range. I'm in the process of trying to teach my wife how to drive for me, and apparently there was a miscommunication about how PP works, so she just put the hammer down most of the way, and left it. My buddy thought it felt a little fast from the passenger seat, so he leaned over to take a look, and sure enough, the speedo was hovering somewhere between 38 and 40. So, I can personally attest that this ski is still stable at those speeds; but any slack in the mainline disappears awfully fast.

I can't see you being uphappy with the ski @ 34 mph. To be honest, I have not had many people ski it slower than 31 mph, but I've had no complaints about it at any of those speeds.

I can't see you being uphappy with the ski @ 34 mph. To be honest, I have not had many people ski it slower than 31 mph, but I've had no complaints about it at any of those speeds.

Plus1.gif

If you do a lot of slower skiing have you give any thought to the F1-x?

But I also can't see you being unhappy with the F1 @ 34 mph.

http://www.wileyski.com/home.asp if your looking for a place to get it Wiley's is a great place and a lot of help.

I get a lot of my ski things from them. I have and some of my friends have bought skis there. Very good people.

I'm sorry, I confuse easily, do you mean you haven't seen too many people ski it below 36mph?

I don't ski below 55kph (34.2mph) on the ZO (it claims a 16.94's virtually every pass), I just don't do much work at 58kph (36.0mph) because I'm too old.

I'll give Wiley's a call and see what they have.

Thanks,

K

Ok, got it.......so does anybody want to sell me one? Smile.gif

There are 10 of them (of various years and sizes) right now at www.ski-it-again.com

The SIA site has a search function on the right hand side that will speed up your search.

You could also give Darren at Wileys a call or email ( www.wileyski.com )and see if he has any leftovers that he might be able to give you a deal on.

Edited by davemac