Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is your dealer open 7 days a week?

Alibuma

Is your dealer open 7 days a week?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Is your dealer open 7 days a week?

• 5 days / week
    • 6 days / week
    • 7 days / week

I just found out our local dealer isnt open on Sundays and I cannot believe that. Just currious if this is standard for the dealers to prevent customers from spending money on the sabbath or if mine is the only one. I do know that Heckles in Eagle River, WI is open 7 days a week, 7am to 7pm. That, in my mind, is how you run a business.

I don't think it has anything to do what day of the week we spend our money.

In our area many local businesses are closed on Sundays. My dealer closes at noon on Saturday. While I agree this is a pita since I live an hour and a half away, I don't hold it against them. I like having weekends off and dealers that keep good help need to give their employees time off as well. What would be the point of them spending the money to have some kid there that doesn't know anything anyway?

Just my opinion.

Edited by Tom Sawyer

Our dealer is closed on Sunday. Heck, if you own a motorcycle you're really screwed because a lot of those dealers at least in the northwest are closed both Sunday & Monday (some of the bigger dealers are open 7 days/week, but it's not common). Running our own business I know that we work better & more efficiently during the week if we get a couple days off in between & I can't imagine that it's any different for these dealers - even if you hire the extra labor to come in on weekends, it's still your business & you're probably going to put in at least some time during that time. I say give them the time off & chalk it up to getting better service when they are open.

My dealer is closed on Sunday and Monday. You have to remember, it's alot easier finding employees to keep a Wal-mart or 7-11 open every day than it is to find the (hopefully) skilled type employees they need who are willing to work more than 5 days a week.

The dealers that are open 7 days a week must have the type of volume to justify the 40% more employees it would take to be open 7 days and still have everyone work 5 days (or else have the money to pay some massive overtime). Even at that, I wonder if they keep those hours during the off season?

I just found out our local dealer isnt open on Sundays and I cannot believe that.  Just currious if this is standard for the dealers to prevent customers from spending money on the sabbath or if mine is the only one.  I do know that Heckles in Eagle River, WI is open 7 days a week, 7am to 7pm.  That, in my mind, is how you run a business.

I assume that you are at your job while you write this - as "that is how you run

a business".

Seriously though, while I too appreciate being able to get home improvement

supplies, etc. on weekends, I don't think any small/moderate (read as few employees) business should burn themselves out trying to be open 6 -7 days

a week for our convenience. Most businesses require so much attention that I

feel it takes a few days off to "recharge", much less spend time with family, etc.

We don't go to a dealer but our boat mechanic isn't open on the weekends, just mondey-friday. His answering machine gives the days/hours of operation and he even says that he isn't open on the weekends because he "has a family and its important to spend time with them."

Being closed on a Monday makes much more sense when the people who are typically buying these new $50k boats work Monday through Friday and cant drop their boats off durring the week.

There is a law in Minnesota that does not allow dealers to sell motor vehicles on Sundays. They can be open and sell parts and accerories but they cannot sell a boat.

I just found out our local dealer isnt open on Sundays and I cannot believe that.  Just currious if this is standard for the dealers to prevent customers from spending money on the sabbath or if mine is the only one.  I do know that Heckles in Eagle River, WI is open 7 days a week, 7am to 7pm.  That, in my mind, is how you run a business.

lot of rec. vehicle dealers in are area are open 6 days or 5 days. The MC dealer sells boats 6 days a week, but the shop is only open 5 days a week ... a lot of motorcycle/snowmobile dealers here are closed Sunday and Monday, but open Saturday ... and some just close on Monday ... I think they get away with it because they have a captive audience and franchise rights to an area ... I have noticed that the shops that were closed on Sunday/Monday start to operate 7 days a week when they have to pay rent/mortgage on a new building.

I just found out our local dealer isnt open on Sundays and I cannot believe that.

But you have owned a Malibu for how many years? It obviously hasn't affected you greatly up until now.

5 days to Get R Dun' - ok by me.

I hope those of you with good dealerships appreciate how nice that is.

I also hope that someone at Malibu reads this thread and addresses the issues with the owner of the Nor Cal dealership because while I probably love my Malibu enough to go through the hell of dealing with Cope & McPheter's/UWS for a new one down the road, a lot of people would just turn a walk away.

I hope those of you with good dealerships appreciate how nice that is.

I also hope that someone at Malibu reads this thread and addresses the issues with the owner of the Nor Cal dealership because while I probably love my Malibu enough to go through the hell of dealing with Cope & McPheter's/UWS for a new one down the road, a lot of people would just turn a walk away.

I have to agree with you mike. But look at it this way, what brand would you buy?? you just knocked out MC and Bu. What a centurion Surprised.gifCrazy.gif

I hope the new repair shop come's on line soon. Plus when you walk into UWS you can't even get a shirt or any thing cool. I guess I'll just have to shop online.

Around here almost all of the dealers are closed on Sundays, even during the summer. Many are closed Mondays. It's super frustrating because obviously the weekends are when you find out that your starter is busted or just when you have time to tow to the dealer.

I really wish that retailers and service industries that catered to leisure activities would take Mondays and Tuesdays off and open on the weekend. I'm sure they'd double their business. Every time I go into one of these shops on the weekday they are pretty dead and seem so happy to see a customer. The few that are open weekends are always packed with customers on the weekends.

Around here almost all of the dealers are closed on Sundays, even during the summer.  Many are closed Mondays.  It's super frustrating because obviously the weekends are when you find out that your starter is busted or just when you have time to tow to the dealer. 

I really wish that retailers and service industries that catered to leisure activities would take Mondays and Tuesdays off and open on the weekend.  I'm sure they'd double their business.  Every time I go into one of these shops on the weekday they are pretty dead and seem so happy to see a customer.  The few that are open weekends are always packed with customers on the weekends.

What day would they spend with their school age children & their "normal"

friends that have weekends off ?

Around here almost all of the dealers are closed on Sundays, even during the summer.  Many are closed Mondays.  It's super frustrating because obviously the weekends are when you find out that your starter is busted or just when you have time to tow to the dealer. 

I really wish that retailers and service industries that catered to leisure activities would take Mondays and Tuesdays off and open on the weekend.  I'm sure they'd double their business.  Every time I go into one of these shops on the weekday they are pretty dead and seem so happy to see a customer.  The few that are open weekends are always packed with customers on the weekends.

THANK YOU, atleast someone agrees. It's a service industry, you work when the customer demands. Can you really tell me that as customers of these boats you wouldnt be grateful to drop your boat off or pick it up from the service center on Saturday or Sunday when you arent at your jobs? You really want to take off work early to go get your boat or drop it off durring the week?

And as for sales:

I used to sell inboards at a dealership and would rather have worked shorter days, 7 days a week if it meant i could get the morning glass calm water durring the week and the sales on the weekends.

Edited by Alibuma

my dealer is open monday thru saturday 8-5:30. longer during the summer. sunday they are open but the service dept. is closed. this is nice but i have yet to hand them my list of warranty items that need tending to. i guess i will find out where the bear sh$% in the buckwheat pretty quick. love the hours they keep though. mike

I really think the dealer in Columbus, OH has terrible hours. M-F 10-5, Sat. 10-2 closed Sunday. On top of that, there are like 3 people that work there, and they carry MC, CC, and Malibu. The owner actually owns three separate buildings (one for each boat), yet you can buy any of the boats at any of the buildings. Because they carry all three brands, they are always busy, and its hard to find time to speak to someone on the phone. I do all the work myself, but its nice to be able to talk to a salesman/mechanic once in a while.

Would you folks that would like 7 day a week service like to pay more money for your boats? It costs a business a lot more money to be open 7 days a week. You have to have a service manager, parts manager, and sales people that want to work weekends. You need someone designated to manage these people. The labor costs are extreme for the dealership, and you will probably have workers that are less qualified than workers from weekday shifts. The auto dealers in our area are not open on Sunday and their sales volume would dwarf a boat dealership. It just isn't practical to be open 7 days a week for all businesses.

Bill