Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

racks, anyone build their own?

badluck

So I was a little bored and thought I would give it a try.I mocked them up out of plywood. They seem to work. Now I will get them in autocad and start the real build. Has anyone here done this?

Yep. I have built some racks. I mocked some up in plywood also and I wrapped them in fiberglass sanded them smooth and painted them a metallic silver and like them so much I mounted them on the boat (1995 VIP I/O). Used them for 2 years with no problems at all. You had to look real close to tell they were not brushed aluminum. I ended up making the same design out of aluminum - just because I wanted a high polished look. I made them myself on a mill. I wished I would have had access to a CNC machine. It would have made it much easier. I ended up just purchasing some from ebay for my Vride. It was easier......

"racks, anyone build their own?"

I've built plenty of racks in my day, but I didn't use AutoCAD, instead I used a scalpel. See, I'm a plastic surgeon, and I think we're talking about 2 different things.

"racks, anyone build their own?"

I've built plenty of racks in my day, but I didn't use AutoCAD, instead I used a scalpel. See, I'm a plastic surgeon, and I think we're talking about 2 different things.

Post up some pics guys. I love seeing DIY projects and members using their head instead of wallets! Thumbup.gif

If someone wants to post them I can email them to you.

yea, uhhh, no one want to see your racks anymore. we are waiting for the surgeon...

just kidding. post them up on photobucket and copy the url , then click on the insert image in this reply area and paste the url there. voila, pictures are posted. preview post to check and then add reply.