Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

extended warranty

sgent131

my 3 year warranty on my 2007 Malibu ride expires on july 2010.

My dealer in Lake Placid Florida recommended First Protection

Corporation. The warranty covers the engine, transmission & v drive,cruise,ballast,gauges,tower etc. The price quoted for 6 years is 2,130.00. Has anybody heard of this warranty company. Is a extended warranty worth the$$

Sarge

Have you had problems with the boat?

Extended warranty's are sold because they make money on them.

many of the companies go out of biasness.

Do you keep the boat in good mechanical condition.

I have never had a big problem with any of my boats or cars.

If you had a big problem it could pay off.

I don't buy them. JMHO.

1) The warranty companies do their research. They know they will probably win. If you buy the warranty, you are betting against their carefully compiled statistics. I am certain their going out of business date is factored in as well.

2) If you buy the warranty, you have definitely spent 2130.00. Now you have to worry about red tape, jumping through hoops, and extended repair times. If you don't buy the warranty, you MAY spend less, or more, or nothing, but you are in control.