Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Response with Titan series 3

David Horan

Our 2004 response LXI needs a tower. We are considering a Titan series III. Two big questions? 1. Is it too big for a tournament ski boat? 2. Should the bimini be over the top or under the tower?

martinarcher

Our 2004 response LXI needs a tower. We are considering a Titan series III. Two big questions? 1. Is it too big for a tournament ski boat? 2. Should the bimini be over the top or under the tower?

We have a Titan Series I on our Skier and I think it is fine for a ski boat. I think the Titan III would look awesome on a Response!

The titan II and III towers are fine on a lxi. we have a II on ours and i think the III's look better on our hull than the II's! It will not get in the way with the rope, possibly if you spend most of your time at 39 and 41 off which im guessing you dont.. We have our bimini separate to the tower mounted lower closer to the windscreen so if we take the tower or the bimini off you dont loose both. Going over the tower wouldnt provide anywhere near as much protection either.

I have a 2006 RLXi with the titan 3 and it looks and functiuona fantastic. We have the bimini mounted under the tower. Ouer bimini was custom nade to be oversized, so we have to split the tower everytime we ant to raise or lower the bimini. But the The fit of the titan is spot on and it is as strudy as they come. I will post a pic when I get on my other computer.

The TS3 fits our '09 great, granted it's a different hull style than you but no matter what year LXI they look good. There is a DL6 version that is a little shorter (6-inches) if you are worried the standard TS3 will look too tall. I spent a lot of time looking at boats with both the standard TS3 and the DL6, looks wise you can't go wrong with either.

I'm 6'5" so we went with the TS3 and the above the tower bimini. It's nice to not have to duck to get into the drivers seat. Initially I thought the higher bimini would not block the sun as well as the under tower style but after a summer out this year, it's fine. If your planning speakers, I'm not sure the above the tower bimini will accomodate more than 2 because of the way it wraps around the rear hoop.

One word of advice if you get a tower, put blue lock-tight on the big bolts that hold the tower to the mounts. I lost one while towing 8 hours to vacation last year and stainless 3/8" allen head bolts are impossible to find in Byrdstown TN.

You might want to consider the Aerial Ascent Tower as an alternative. Simple, elegant and affordable. Polished aluminum looks great in my LXi Response 04, but needs some waxing from time to time. I'll post a picture later.

Here are a couple pictures of the Radar Malibu Response with the Titan Series III tower. I have always liked the look of a titan tower on the response. You can't beat Titan quality.

photo-450x600.jpg

photo2-450x600.jpg

I have a Titan III on my 04 LXI and the tower has been great. My short line buddies have had no problems with it. I will say, however, that the Extreme tower does look nice on the LXI.

I have a Titan III on my 04 LXI and the tower has been great. My short line buddies have had no problems with it. I will say, however, that the Extreme tower does look nice on the LXI.

Which is the Extreme tower? Who makes it and is it still available. Looking for a tower for my Echelon, as well. I'd love the TS3 DL6 but I don't think it'd fit and it's beyond bugdet.

Not to hijack.

• 2 weeks later...

Which is the Extreme tower? Who makes it and is it still available. Looking for a tower for my Echelon, as well. I'd love the TS3 DL6 but I don't think it'd fit and it's beyond bugdet.

Not to hijack.

I have an '96 echelon also and have been looking for a tower that looks good on this boat for a long time. Most towers just don't look that great on this boat. I talked with Titan as well about a series 3 dl6, which is a perfect look in my opinion for this boat, and they don't have much experience with the older model to ensure it fits. They do have a series 2 dl6 but doesn't look as good but will fit. Let me know what you find on the Extreme tower.

Thanks. It is my first boat, although I have been around Malibus for many years. I have been saving for as long as I can remember. It is exaclty what I wanted. All black RLXi. I couldn't believe I found it. Sent to me from craigslist heaven. It was in a barn in a Texas farm town with a population of about 300. It was totally meant to be.